What a bunch of Plums

Started by steveL, August 12, 2015, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

They get a n inflated price to supply and plant the trees, apply for a grant, then split the difference or am I being cynical ?

pensionater

What a bigoted lot of tw*ts we have on this site,saying that the trees won't last 5mins because they are being placed in,whats seen as, a poor area of the town.F*cking disgraceful.

lynda

Who says anything about poor? I was on about anti social behaviour on the manor which is getting worse. That is the main problem and planting fooking fruit trees.. how's that going to help. This council has its priorities  all wrong!!

lynda

I wouldn't regard myself as a bigoted t*a* either. The ones I've encountered are all councillors!

fred c

There are anti-social youths in all areas of Hartlepool, but sad to say the Manor has more than its fair share, anti-social behaviour isn`t the sole prerogative of the "poor" so why that point was brought up I have no idea.

Hartlepool has problems like most towns in the North East, & i honestly believe there are other areas of concern that require funding more urgently than having the luxury of an orchard.

The proposed "Orchard" is a Conservative Government funded initiative, but that won`t stop the Manor Threesome from claiming it as their own "Vision of The Manor".

pensionater

My post relates to those by TGD and johnny bongo,one suggests that only kids up the park are taught respect and manners and that kids on the Manor probably don't know what fruit looks like.As people are so fond of saying on here.the people who sit back and don't condemn comments like this ,are as bad as those who say them. 

lynda

I agree with the last part of your post, but i didn't  interpret  their posts as you have.The Manor is deteriorating  badly and all under the noses of three labour councillor's. And their answer to it is to plant an orchard.Instead of seeing to their own self preservation  i think its about bloody time they helped the residents. I might have left the Manor but i care about the people ive left behind.

The Great Dictator

Open your eyes Pensionater, the kids up there are scum and you defend them, what does that make you ?

lynda

They are not all scum at all, anti social behaviour isnt  just  confined to youth. There are alot of good people on the Manor :(

fred c

40 odd years ago a group of young iads from behind the park were walking home via Elwick Rd....... they kiccked the headlights out on my  fathers new car.... amongst a few more...... Did that make them Scum ?

It's how your brought up...... "Not where"