New Ceremonial Mayor

Started by Foggy, May 25, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggy

Urgh... did we really need to see that picture again?  :-\  Speaking of Marj... how did she get the allotment job?  I'm wondering if she went through the correct and proper channels to get the job or if she was just given it.  Is there still a position open for the second in command on the allotments?  I can't remember the exact job titles now but I remember the salaries  Someone has landed right on their feet.

I'm also hoping someone can enlighten me about something.  I have read that Sheila Griffin is the Mayoress.  How does that work?  We haven't had one for the last two years have we? That is a genuine question before anyone makes any kind of 'inappropriate' comment.

marky

We could have had more faith in the Deputy Mayor playing things straight if they had elected Sepp Blatter.

steveL

I've heard these rumours about James getting one of the allotment jobs but I've seen nothing official. If they really have been that stupid then they would fully deserve the inevitable tsunami that follows.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Foggy

I just assumed it was mentioned at the meeting but I guess it must just be doing the rounds on social media at the moment.  I really couldn't face the meeting last night and all the inevitable 'tributes' to SAB... urgh. Although, as it works out I probably wouldn't have got one of the 23 seats for the public.  I didn't realise that SAB had that many friends.

From what I've seen of Mr Cranney's fuse, I think there is a good chance that last night's f*****g w*****s outburst will just be the start of his problems. In fact, I'm not sure he should be allowed to use the gavel at all.  :o

Hartlepudlion

As I understand itvthe winners of the allotment jobs will become HBC employees. You can't work for the Council and be a Councillor. One way to get rid of them if true.

fred c

After what has gone on with Labour councillors & Grant Funded organisations over recent years it would be incomprehensible for HBC to appoint any of them to positions that costs council tax payers £63,000 per annum in salaries.

It has to be presumed that because HBC will be paying that amount to fund those 2 positions, HBC Human Resources Department would  be responsible for the interviewing & eventual recruitment  of those managers.... ( if not.... it bloomin well should be )

If however any Members of the Mob do, by some mysterious circumstance end up as Cabbage & Sprout producers it wouldn' reflect well on the above mentioned HR Dept or on the process that made any such appointments possible.

But who knows..... Only in Hartlepool  & Only Under The Mob

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on May 29, 2015, 10: PM
If however any Members of the Mob do, by some mysterious circumstance end up as Cabbage & Sprout producers it wouldn' reflect well on the above mentioned HR Dept or on the process that made any such appointments possible.

But who knows..... Only in Hartlepool  & Only Under The Mob

Going by that pic of the two 'supermodels' ::) I seriously doubt they've eaten any vegetables, let alone   grown any in the last 10 years!  Let's just hope that Wilcox 'spills the beans'!

Darknessontheedgeoftown

RogerRamjet

It is a sad state of affairs when the corruption is so prevalent, that the corrupt see themselves as fit to hold honourable office without an inkling of doubt that they are fit and proper to do so.