New Ceremonial Mayor

Started by Foggy, May 25, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggy

I see there are two council meetings this week and the new Ceremonial Mayor will be elected on Thursday.  Why the two meetings couldn't be combined I don't know, although I'm sure there must be a reason.

I have read that it is pretty much certain that Mary Fleet will be the new Mayor so I'm not sure why they have to go through the rigmarole of the meeting on Thursday.

I have come questions about this topic:

* Will SAB dare to attempt to go for a third year or is he resigned to the fact Mary will be taking over?

* Is there any point in anyone else putting themselves forward for the job?

* Who is tipped to be the deputy?

* If Mary is the new Ceremonial Mayor, will she have to chair the meetings too? Can the role of Mayor and Chair be split?

Anyone who has attended extraordinary meetings in the last year will understand why I am asking that last question.  Although, I should point out that I don't have any particular objections to her becoming the Ceremonial Mayor. 

fred c

I wonder if the 2 elected UKIP Councillors will turn up for the meatuns, or will they wait untill after all of the Chairs / Vice Chairs have been dished out ?

Still waiting to hear what the recorded conversation containing threats (alledgedly ) was all about & has it been made available to the Monitoring Officer ?

mk1

Quote from: fred c on May 25, 2015, 06: PM
I wonder if the 2 elected UKIP Councillors will turn up for the meatuns, or will they wait untill after all of the Chairs / Vice Chairs have been dished out ?

Yes it is pathetic how the sniff of a bit of power has reduced Beanz to the invisible man. He is so determined to get/keep 'power' that he runs away and hides so as not to upset his labour master. Absolute coward of a man. A complete disgrace of a councillor who talks big but when his own personal advancement is at stake he runs away and hides in the hope the lion will eat him last.
A true politican who says one thing and does another-or in this case does nothing in the hope the SCABs tickle his belly.

Foggy

Am I hearing right?? Cranney is deputy mayor???  >:(

Stranger in a Strange ...

Hartlepool Alert is reporting that Cranney is Deputy!!!  HBC must be trying to keep up their appearances in Rotten Boroughs.

steveL

Labour had two candidates for the Deputy Mayor, Cranney and Allan Barclay; Cranney won Labour's pre-meeting vote and so went on to be voted in as Deputy Mayor. In his acceptance speech, Cranney made a point of telling Mary Fleet that he would always be ready to step into the Chair should Mary not be well enough, especially on an evening . . . and so the ruse is revealed.

Oh and in his farewell speech, SAB said that he had a few stories to tell about Cranney but that he would leave them till next year - a clear hint that next year, the plan is for Cranney to be wearing the red robes.

There were no Tories at the meeting and I believe UKIP and Lauderdale were intending to abstain but never got the chance because Mary Fleet forgot to ask for abstentions.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Well it says much about the current shower that a man who is still under investigation is voted in as deputy Mayor.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 28, 2015, 11: PM
Labour had two candidates for the Deputy Mayor, Cranney and Allan Barclay; Cranney won Labour's pre-meeting vote and so went on to be voted in as Deputy Mayor.

A pity. Barclay's nose would have matched the Mayors robes perfectly!

The Great Dictator

Foggy

Mary is mayor.... as expected.

It never entered my head that there was a possibility of Cranney being deputy Mayor.  These people have absolutely no moral compass whatsoever.

I can't work out whether watching him chair a meeting will be highly entertaining or like watching a 20 car pile up  :o

sydsboy

Can't believe Cranney is deputy mayor.What is going on in the heads of this shocking pile the Labour party on our sorry council.   :-[

lynda

What is it Mr Spock used to say? Its life Jim, but not as we know it.!

not4me

Cranney is a crook and a foul-mouthed, thug who has been leeching off the public purse for years. I guess that means that Labour see him as the ideal candidate. :o 

mk1

Quote from: not4me on May 29, 2015, 01: PM
Cranney is a crook and a foul-mouthed, thug

If you think Cranney is foul-mouthed then you have not conversed with Mad Dog. She launches into spittle flecked  expleteives the minute she realises you are not an adoring  fan and the hapless man she trails around with her just stands there  wishing he was elsewhere. I have been able 'listen in' to a few of  her temper tantrums (and choice words about fellow councillors-which I know is reciprocated!)  on the train when  she revisits those she abandoned in Birmingham.  A truly repulsive woman in both manner and appearance.

Birds of a feather.................