Election handed to Wright?

Started by DRiddle, April 08, 2015, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Well if what I've heard is genuine, a former contributor to this forum has played a part in splitting the vote even further and more than likely handed the seat to Wright. Looks like there will be an Allison contesting the seat.

Looks like it's going to be 2004 all over again.

Monkeys mate

It's clear that the more people who stand, the more chance of 'no change' at the top.  Those at the top rely on this to keep them there.  If it is a two horse race maybe the result would be different. They will vote for the current encombant eventhough they don't know what he stands for, or in most cases, what he looks like. I'd love someone on here to tell us what our MP has done for the town. I can think of nothing....

seaton

Quote from: Monkeys mate on April 08, 2015, 08: AM
It's clear that the more people who stand, the more chance of 'no change' at the top.  Those at the top rely on this to keep them there.  If it is a two horse race maybe the result would be different. They will vote for the current encombant eventhough they don't know what he stands for, or in most cases, what he looks like. I'd love someone on here to tell us what our MP has done for the town. I can think of nothing....

You must have a short memory, he has assisted in the rundown of the hospital !

Monkeys mate

True, but even that was a central government push, he just does as he is told. Do they tell him to sit and be quiet?

Sanddancer

I don't know anything about this candidate...could it he be a deliberate Labour stalking horse to ensure Wright's retturn?

Land Phil

Can it be countered with somebody else that will take more votes from Wright ?

Can 2 or more play at that game ?

Sanddancer

Balotelli

Sandancer,

She is a blatant vote splitter.  Her hubby appears to have been busy in the background a lot on this.

This was not entirely unexpected in some quarters.

Jim Gillespie

If the rumour I've just heard about the behaviour if one of the other parliamentary candidates is true, that will be a boost for the local Labour vote too

DRiddle

Jim Gillespie

No, I'll let one of the people involved in local politics receive the glory of announcing the story

Jim Gillespie

I've just had Richard Royal's A4 four page leaflet pushed through the letterbox at my office.  On the back page it states "only Royal can defeat Wright".  It them shows the votes from 5 years ago as:

Labour = 16,267

Tories = 10,758

UKIP = 2,682

Greens = 0 (no candidate put forward)

A little speech bubble next to these figures says: "If only 2,755 people switch from Wright to Royal Hartlepool will have a new MP."

Maybe I'm a little slow this morning, but I'm struggling to understand his maths..............

Hopingforbetter

Labour = 16,267 - 2,755 = 13,512
Tories = 10,758 + 2,755 = 13,513

steveL

"If only 2,755 people switch from Wright to Royal Hartlepool will have a new MP."

Maybe I'm a little slow this morning, but I'm struggling to understand his maths..............

Ok, if 2,755 people switch from Wright to Royal then Wright's vote would drop from 16,267 to 13,512. At the same time, the Tory vote would rise by the same amount from 10,758 to  13,513 - one more vote than Wright..

Have you got that now, Jim? You did say that you sold mortgages, didn't you?  :o

VOTE FOR PHF - THE PARTY THAT CAN DO SUMS!  ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

crisstw

Quote from: steveL on April 14, 2015, 11: AM

Jim? You did say that you sold mortgages, didn't you?  :o

VOTE FOR PHF - THE PARTY THAT CAN DO SUMS!  ;D

LOL!!!

Jim, Are you a self-employed mortgage broker or employed by a company.... please do tell, my brother is after a mortgage in the near future & I'll advise him to give you a miss ;)