TUNSTALL COURT BACK UP FOR SALE - DEVELOPMENT

Started by dowager, July 25, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowager

Just seen this on a Facebook group ...... What's happening here do you think?

steveL

Well he's now got planning permission to demolish it and redevelop the site thanks to out imaginative councillors  - all of which makes it far more valuable. No doubt a killing for someone and a sizeable 'consultancy' commission for someone else.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Is there a tree preservation order on the site...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I hear there is the likely hood of 14 Executive House planned for the site................. The "Smoke" has now cleared & the reasons the building was allowed to catch fire so often is now apparent to anyone on a passing fire engine.

It is amazing that our LabTor council sold the place of at a knockdown price, when they could have knocked it down themselves years ago & raised a far greater sum by selling the Plum site for development.

Questions really need to be asked about what exactly is going on with the disposal of the towns assets by "The Mob".

Openness, Transparency & Accountability in HBC.............. My A**e

The Great Dictator

They didn't sell it cheap. they sold it for £2.2m 10 years ago.

marky

Sounds a lot but that would have been without planning permission given that the original 'deal' was that it would be converted to apartments. Now that the site has planning permission both to demolish Tunstall Court and to develop the site for 'executive' housing it will be worth a lot more and I suspect that was the plan all along.

fred c

I don`t think £2.2 Million for the most desirable building plot in the town, even 10 years ago was expensive, one thing is for certain the vendor will be making a substantial profit on the deal.

The fact remains...... The Mob have been turned over again, The Big Tin Shed, The Transport Interchange & The Tall Stories immediately spring to mind.

Marky, is spot on with his suspicion that this was always likely to be the outcome.

The Great Dictator

The owner will make very little out of it, he bought it 3rd hand and it now stands him at £3.5m.

one direction

So HBC sold if to owner 1 for £2.2million and the current owner is owner 3 and paid £3.5million, so between 1 and 3 someone made a nice little profit? I have heard the building plots will be in the region of £350,000 to £450,000 each so that comes out at £4,900,00 and £6,300,000. Not a bad little drink in it there for someone? I wonder if ward councillors will be able to buy a plot at a discount?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 26, 2014, 03: PM
The owner will make very little out of it, he bought it 3rd hand and it now stands him at £3.5m.
We'd best organise a whip round pronto for these poor developers as they're obviously on the breadline...... asif !
Still like to know how many trees are going to be cut down for the 'Executive homes' to be  'accomodated' onto the site........don't you just love the use of the word 'executive' a dated piece of snake oil salesmanship from the sixties if ever there was one.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E601&minPrice=350000&maxPrice=500000&minBedrooms=3&displayPropertyType=houses&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&googleAnalyticsChannel=buying

There are 42 houses for sale currently in Hartlepool in the £350,000-£500,000 price bracket.

From £300,000-£1,000,000 there are 82 houses for sale.

Those figures are just with rightmove, so the real total is likely to be a bit higher.

Most of the 82 houses I refer to have been for sales for months, years in many cases. All politics aside and taking the Tunstall Court issue out of the equation for a second, where is the demand for the 14 executive houses going to come from?

The Great Dictator

HBC sold the site to the highest tender, it was then sold on twice to Ruttle.

They have had to take a hit on their capital for the last 7 years with lost interest.

This site will produce little or no profit for anyone by the time it is developed.

stokoe

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 27, 2014, 11: AM
HBC sold the site to the highest tender, it was then sold on twice to Ruttle.

They have had to take a hit on their capital for the last 7 years with lost interest.

This site will produce little or no profit for anyone by the time it is developed.

Apart from the brown envelope brigade.