Another 'MasterPlan'

Started by steveL, December 04, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

To be honest, I hesitate before even posting the following 'artist's impression' of yet another Masterplan but as CAB is busily circulating it to all councillors and God knows who else we may as well share it with you.

As usual, like Victoria harbour, there's no hint of how it will be paid for, which gives you some idea of where the plan will eventually end up, but as HBC now appears to have officially ditched reality in favour of adopting a permanent state of fantasy then we may as well all have a look at the latest dream.

This is how CAB envisages his purchase of Jackson's Landing developing.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wow - trouble is that I read it as a spoof!

testing times

Oh God, when does it stop? Not so much a 'vision' but yet another hallucination from a council that after 20 years still hasn't managed to successfully negotiate the handover of the roads and pavements from the developers.

No wonder they want to focus on an imaginary future when they seem so incapable of dealing with the present.

pensionater

I'm all for it if that's the old Steetley chimney on the right.

the_exile

Either the aciiiiiiied is great up Westbrook avenue or

We have our very own T Dan Smith in town! Mind you nice to see the red arrows on a fly past it must be "mayors day" in the illustration

The mind boggles

DRiddle

So just to clarify, what we're expected to believe will happen with a commercial site no one has wanted to touch for ten years, is that not ONLY will it be converted in towers on a par with the 7 star hotel in Dubai ...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dubai+7+star+hotel&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=B5GfUs_iCc6UhQe-tYCYCg&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1438&bih=553&dpr=0.95

but ALSO it'll be home to a Ferris wheel which appears to be bigger than the London Eye (which, incidentally is 'only' the third biggest Ferris Wheel on the planet).

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=london+eye&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pJSfUpOVC5SVhQeTjYGYDA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1438&bih=553&dpr=0.95

Finally, the Red Arrows will routinely fly by (despite having never been to Hartlepool) and stay in our airspace long enough for an artist to paint them.

I guess that's a possibility. . .  ::)

Another possibility is that nothing will happen until the deadline for the interest on the loan is due to kick in... and then the whole plot will be gifted to a local property development company/housing association for a nominal fee (of probably £1).

We'll all be told it 'had to be done' to avoid our taxpayers being liable for the interest on the loan. The site will be turned into one or two bedroom flats and a localised housing association type organisation will take possession of the whole lot ........... using a loan of £1million+ the council GIVES to them, repayable over 40 years.

I'm new to the whole 'local politics' thing... but I think ONE of those two possibilities ( The Dubai hotel and world class Ferris wheel or, the freebie to a local housing association) is what'll happen.

It's just difficult to determine which is more likely....  ::)

mk1

Quote from: the_exile on December 04, 2013, 08: PM

We have our very own T Dan Smith in town

We can but hope given Smith went to jail for corruption.................

Did you see the Dear leader's face at the light switch-on tonight. He was so excited, He could not believe  was stood beside someone who was on the telly!

I note again the bulging waistline. The buttons (you can see one straining)  of his up-market donkey jacket are operating at the limit of specifications.

steveL

Plan 'B', I gather, ( if HBC don't manage to sell the site within the two-year term period of the original interest free loan), is to take out another loan to pay off the original. I think this is known as the Wonga approach to local Government. When/If this happens, the estimated annual interest payable will be £50,000 a year until such time as HBC sells it on.

CAB claims that they have already had one offer above what HBC paid for it but it looks like we've moved on from the original plan which was simply to make a small profit.  Now it looks like HBC have had a 'Vision' and plan on hanging on to it in order to construct the new Dubai
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on December 04, 2013, 10: PM
  Now it looks like HBC have had a 'Vision' and plan on hanging on to it in order to construct the new Dubai

Too much Amyl Nitrate methinks.............

tankerville

What a pity he didn't have the same vision regarding our Hospital !

craig finton

It looks very nice. If only we had a council with a record of successfully delivering such plans but unfortunately the opposite is true. I've lost track of the number of 'artist's impression's' I've seen which came to absolutely nothing. Another pipe-dream I'm afraid.

The Great Dictator

It looks like the Al'qaeda red arrows are taking aim  8)

mr reed

what happens when another tidal surge happens. They do say the ice caps are melting .????