Trust Statement

Started by steveL, July 27, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

'Mr Garvin said: "I would like to record formally that Kevin Oxley, the commercial director, resigned from the trust on July 1 following a period of sickness. Contrary to some of the rubbish published in some places, Kevin Oxley left with pay in lieu of notice and no golden handshakes and no bungs."

Just a word or two about this statement from the Hospital Trust or, as we call it at HTH, The North Tees and Hartlepool SS Hospital Trust. as it's obviously aimed at us and the story on the front page.

Thanks to the statement, we at least now know that Kevin Oxley resigned on 1st July. The news appeared in the Hartlepool Mail on the 16th July but only after this site had passed the story onto the newspaper because we were too pre-occupied with Manor Residents to give it the proper coverage it deserved.

Mr Oxley was at the top of the pyramid looking after the Wynyard Hospital Project so his departure would be of obvious interest to the people of Hartlepool. Even so, it took a phone all to the Trust by the Hartlepool Mail before the Trust would even acknowledge his departure and only then did the Trust issue a controlled press release on the matter. Normally, the news of the departure of senior executives is announced well before they actually leave.

Secondly, I would point out that people who 'resign' do not normally receive money in lieu of notice - why would they? In addition, at no point does our article use the word 'bung' though it is extremely interesting that Mr Garvin did. The word clearly has a role in Mr Garvin's vocabulary.

The Hospital Trust don't like this site because, unlike the Hartlepool Mail, we don't confine ourselves to copy/pasteing official press releases and so it can't control waht we publish - we don't wait to be told what is happening by the Trust - we find out. It's the sort of thing the Hartlepool Mail used to do before it was castrated by Mandelson.

Over the years, this site has predicted the closure of the Trauma facilities, the A&E, together with the transfer of services to One Life and North Tees, all with 100% accuracy though on occasions, sometimes our predicted change date has been delayed at the last minute to accommodate a 3 month consultancy period usually after the loacl Health Scrutiny Forum had complained about the lack of consultation.

Lastly, I would simply say that we stand by the story on the front page down to the last full stop and time will prove us right. I'm not sorry that we consistently spoil the Trust's party by not allowing it to spoon feed the people of this town information as and when it most suits the Hospital Trust.

The Trust's real problem is that it is a multi-million pound organisation populated by far too many overpaid and unaccountable executives and yet it is unable to control the output of a little website run by a bunch of amateurs in their spare time.

It's no wonder they're miffed at their own impotence, especially when you consider that, despite running on a shoe-string, far more people believe what they read on this web site than they do the multitude of spinning press releases output by their own internal and publically funded propaganda machine.

As for the Hartlepool Mail - for God's sake grow a pair 

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

norfolkngoode

Well said Steve, and more power to HTH for telling it as it is, annoying the feckers at Hospital Trust ;)
'They don't like it up em'

Private Fraser

"The principle & which is quite true in itself & that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily," said Joseph Goebbels.

Just sayin.
"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

grim reaper

Ahhh, Garvin,  ex policeman.
Similar to those we've had in Cleveland? nuff said.
No, not nuff said. I wouldn't p*** on ANY of them if they were on fire.
One law for them, one law for us.
'Fiddled'? 'bunged'? caught out? No probs...just take early retirement and your pay off & pension are safe.
They make me physically sick!

marky

"left with pay in lieu of notice "

Typical of The Mail not to have the gumption or the inclination to question this. How exactly to you get money in lieu of notice when you resign? And what was that period of notice? At this level these people are on contractual terms which could mean a notice period of 12 months or more and probably does.
Add onto that the usual arrangement of the employer paying all remaining pension contributions up until the age of retirement and a pension 'lumper' and you're well on the way to £450,000.

Hell, if a disgraced Chief Constable can be sacked and still leave with a fortune, Oxley would have had no problem.

Inspector Knacker

That's the trouble when you let the grey suits run the show. For years they were tucked out the way doing their jobs in small numbers diligently working away, then  it was decided hospitals needed managers and they became the stars...  swipecard warriors breeding like rabbits,.
The trouble with all management is, that they have to make their mark and mould things in their image, their legacy, a rigidly inflexible vision that ticks all the boxes for them.
I have got to the stage where I actually have nothing but contempt for this organisation for how medical care in this town has been systematically demolished
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Surely the end of this whole charsde is in sight and there'll be nowhere to hide..... so if the hospital that never was disappears in a puff of smoke will the target become the government who wouldn't provide the money....? A golden opportunity for Labour politicians to  come storming out of the closet of mild confusion they previously slumbered in and take the moral  high ground without a blush crossing their pastey faces.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Mr Mister

My money would be on October, when most of the rest is transferred over to N.T.

I recon it won't be more than 12 months after that, Foster resigns on a super doper package. :/

It's tough at the top but tougher at the bottom paying for it.