Daddy Belcher - This One's For You

Started by steveL, May 23, 2017, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Walking passed the Grand on the way to the Civic, I noticed a small car mounting the pavement in front of me at the pedestrian crossing and then driving a good 40 yards towards me on the pavement. It stopped outside the councillor entrance to the Civic and out gets Mammy Belcher. A rare photo-opportunity if ever there was one. but I wasn't quick enough to get the 'Oh s**t!" expression on Mammy Belcher's face as she saw me.

I waited till I had walked passed the car then turned to take the pic. That prompted Daddy Belcher to get out of the car, engine running, and walk towards me.

"If that goes on the Internet I'll be coming for you"  he said.
"It'll be on there by 10 o'clock", I said. "You're parked on the pavement, which is illegal and you drove on the pavement, which is even more illegal" I said.
"I know who you f***i*g are and if that goes on the Internet, I'm telling you, you'll regret it." he said
"And I know who you are which is why it'll be on the Internet by 10 o'clock, mate" I said

Inside the Civic reception and Peter Devlin was talking to a guy so I took the opportunity to explain what had just happened. All he was really concerned about was whether or nor Daddy Belcher was in the council chamber - which he wasn't, but he did make a late entrance into the reception area.

"My wife is registered disabled and has a blue badge which allows her to park on double yellow lines," he said.

I'm not sure if that's true but it certainly doesn't allow her to drive on the pavement.

"You're the bastard who took the photograph of my bungalow" he said.

That one's definitely not true.

Anyway, the problem now is that if I don't put the pic on the Internet, this unwashed neanderthal might convince himself that I'm intimidated by him.

So here it is. Daddy Belcher, this one's just for you.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 23, 2017, 11: PM
. That prompted Daddy Belcher to get out of the car, engine running, and walk towards me.

"If that goes on the Internet I'll be coming for you" 

Well known loud-mouth. Pity he could not hand down some of his aggression to his son. SAB is an absolute coward and is frightened of his own shadow. Not daring to face the public without a council-funded size XXXLLLLL Stab Vest and calling off his much heralded 'Parade' to the  Park Road Church Service because he was terrified a member of the public would shout at him.   Gobshite begats quivering lump of jelly!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034489/Mayor-sacked-funeral-fib-Shameless-Hartlepool-council-leader-given-compassionate-leave-visited-warship-instead.html

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 23, 2017, 11: PM

Given the tilt on that car I would say they have been letting SAB drive it with the resulting suspension damage!

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Didn't they spend a wad load of money putting planters on the pavement to stop people doing this?

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

steveL

Quote from: kevplumb on May 24, 2017, 12: AM
Quote from: steveL on May 24, 2017, 12: AM
Quote from: kevplumb on May 23, 2017, 11: PM
cooking on gas son  ;D ;D ;D

I have no idea what that even means  :o

never worked a site then son

Not true. In my younger days I helped build the Tank Farm at Greatham and spent the day praying for rain like the other lazy buggers.

kevplumb

so if your cooking on gas the jobs good yer rocking and rolling
and the bonus is in the bank
I rest my case  ;D ;D ;D
don't know nowt then

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: kevplumb on May 24, 2017, 12: AM
Quote from: kevplumb on May 23, 2017, 11: PM
cooking on gas son  ;D ;D ;D

I have no idea what that even means  :o

never worked a site then son

Not true. In my younger days I helped build the Tank Farm at Greatham and spent the day praying for rain like the other lazy buggers.

It means, 'cracking on', goes back to an old British Gas advert,'Cooking on Gas', meaning there was nothing faster/better for cooking food.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Lord Elpus

Terrible behaviour from the family of a so called Council Leader.

The problem of selfish drivers parking on the footpath can not be underesitimated.  Pram, pushchairs and mobility scooters all have to leave  the footpath and are forced onto the road.  The really daft thing is he would have been better using the underground carpark in the Kremlin. then Beltcher could have used the lift

To then actually threat SteveL is a disgrace, I hope he reads these comments and reflexs on his actions and gives SteveL a full apology

Civic Leaders, my ar**.

akarjl

"If that goes on the Internet I'll be coming for you" Father of ackers-belcher threatens member of public. One for google and the police?

steveL

Quote from: akarjl on May 24, 2017, 06: AM
"If that goes on the Internet I'll be coming for you" Father of ackers-belcher threatens member of public. One for google and the police?

I should go to the Police, I know, but they've got better things to do, frankly, than run around after Hartlepool's very own Shameless familiy.

He is, however, a council employee and I will be writing to Gill Alexander about his behaviour. Alexander, you remember, was the one who had the idea of the barrier to separate the public from councillors in the council chamber in case a member of the public assaulted a councillor. It will be interesting to learn what her views are of council employees, let alone councillor relatives, threatening the public.

akarjl

Quote from: steveL on May 24, 2017, 07: AM
I should go to the Police, I know, but they've got better things to do, frankly.

If the boot was on the other foot "why eye 5 ohhh" would have been banging on your door. His actions could be construed as common assault

And

QuoteWilkinson's Road Traffic Offences explains:
Under the Highways Act 1835, s.72, it is an offence wilfully to ride or drive on the footway, even though the driving may last only for a few seconds (McArthur v Jack 1950 S.C.(J.) 29).

DRiddle

My only direct experience of dealing with daddy belcher was at the watered down version of the mayor's parade involving his offspring.

Seemingly annoyed that SAB wasn't going to get the opportunity to parade down York Road in a carriage being heckled by bemused members of the public, he approached SteveL, FredC and I and very bizarrely started taking photos of us.

Not just from a distance, but right up in our faces like he was a member of the paparazzi. I'm not sure what it was supposed to achieve but when challenged about what he was doing he quickly soiled himself, stepped backwards into the road and nearly got himself ran over by a passing car.

It still makes me laugh when I think about it now.

I'm not sure what he actually does in terms of his job with the council, but I'm certain I saw him scraping some chewing gum off the steps of the civic centre the other week. I assume that was part of a clean up operation, although I suppose there's a possibility he was gathering resources for Cranney's version of the holiday hunger scheme.