Seaton Parking Charges

Started by testing times, February 21, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on February 21, 2017, 10: PM

Btw, mk1...did you manage to remove any of her acid laden spit and bile from your clothes after your encounter...or did you just burn them?

https://youtu.be/BHSf7MXTlKM?t=22s

Lord Elpus

Be careful MK1 she'll have you 'banged up' if she knows who you are.

If that does happen can I recommend Hartlepool's plods finest chicken pot noddles, but don't drink the tea I've heard they put something in it to supress sexual passions.  At least it would stop you dreaming about that woman

Inspector Knacker

What infuriates me about this is that Seaton seemed to be getting its act together and was definitely on the up, one eyesore apart. It's always busy at weekends and even during the week especially summer evenings.
Enter the Gumbys. Everything is going smoothly and this lot announce they're going to make things better by discouraging visitors. Eh? Unless of course visitors are going to turn up for the parking experience ?
Can someone explain to me how the Gumbys can approve anything, what exactly is their qualifications in matters such as this or is or anything come to that. Nodding dogs.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

They have a free year as there are no Council elections this year. They think they can do what they like as we will forget about it by the time the elections come round in May 2018.

I understand md is up for re-election so expect some Manor give always by this time next year. After all what are Ward  Budgets for?

Land Phil

Flyers on every car up the Manor for the 2018 elections.

Something needs to be done to make the nursing home postal votes more trustworthy.

fred c

What is obvious to many people, is the community spirit shown by residents of Seaton Village, that spirit could be the undoing of some of the LabMob candidates, especially MD I can well imagine a large number of leafleteers supporting a candidate against her next May.

In the case of the Seaton parking charges........The LabTor Mob quite clearly haven't heard that old expression..... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

steveL

Not the brightest button in the box is our Marj. Notice how she vehemently denies the rumour that the ticket machines are in the process of being installed but then inadvertently admits that they have already been placed on order.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Alnwickist

I have it from a good source that the decision to do this was made at a private meeting in December.

Also, a sign on the sea front car park at the Newburn bridge end states the car parks are free, open to use between 8 am and 6 pm. So the vile m**r*n has added two hours on as well.

Shepherd

Tammany Hall and Boss Tweed springs to mind, corruption, incompetence and stupidity running through them like Blackpool Rock

A friend of mine was at the meeting with the allotment holders where MD accused a questioner of not being who he said he was, I think he was the chairman of the allotment holders group. She said he was "someone else". When the "somone else" who was in the same meeting room identified himself, MD was left looking like the stupid creature she is. After that the cries of "I am Spartacus" was ringing in her ears. She was however, publicly put in her place and shut TFU.

IQ testing should be a pre-requisite for public office, those scoring below 100 should not be allowed to stand. I suspect the cabal that run the town, the 2 SCAB's, MD, Cranny, Richardson, RMW's would struggle to make 600 in a joint score between them. The other willfully purjered clown Beck could add another 90. What a shower, what a shame for this town

admin

[premiumbeat]http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/media/marj on seaton parking.mp3[/premiumbeat]

Cllr Marjorie James speaking on BBC Radio Tees

marky

ah so it's nothing to do with the £140,000 shortfall from town centre parking because more and more people are going elsewhere to do their shopping. i didn't realise that it's all to do with safety.

Now will someone explain to me how bringing in parking charges will stop people parking where they shouldn't and why they had already ordered the ticket before the meeting had taken place?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Shepherd on February 22, 2017, 10: AM

IQ testing should be a pre-requisite for public office, those scoring below 100 should not be allowed to stand. I suspect the cabal that run the town, the 2 SCAB's, MD, Cranny, Richardson, RMW's would struggle to make 600 in a joint score between them. The other willfully purjered clown Beck could add another 90. What a shower, what a shame for this town
The joys of having party politics in local government. Thanks to that, any oaf can get elected by being taught a couple of lines parrot fashion, a ward were the voters vote out of habit and a willingness to nod their head on cue. It's also helpful if they are prepared to do as told to when told to,
When you look at the 'elite' leading the minions, you realise the minions must have the IQ of pond life.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

rabbit

Hopefully the meters they have ordered won't take the new pound coins.

The committee which is involved, presumably had the funds available for this year's budget.
In order not to lose it, they would have had to spend it before April.

The new parking meters will make some drivers seek out free parking which will have knock-on results for properties in the area. This means the provision of residential permits, free this year, but as sure as eggs are eggs, will need a payment in future.

Another potential problem is the one hour disc parking at the park.  This is used by patients visiting Seaton Surgery, and although it is easy to park there at the moment, the new payment system may put pressure on spaces available.

With the introduction of new road furniture, road paint, wardens, fines, and disgruntled motorists, is it really worth the bother?

for fawkes sake

If people are parking on the zig-zag lines, which I know they do, then they should be issued with tickets because they are breaking the law. The issue then is one of enforcement, or rather the lack of it.

I listened to the Radio Tees interview and it's very obvious that Councillor James lied throughout the whole interview. I for one, would like to know when these ticket machines were ordered. It's getting towards the end of February and to get these machines ordered, delivered and installed, along with whatever other changes have to be made, not least the recruitment of additional staff to enforce the parking regime, by April 1st is fanciful.

Unless, that is, the wheels were put into motion long before Monday's committee meeting and tomorrow's council meeting.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

DRiddle

I think everyone who's a regular on this forum has known for some time that most decisions are made long before the committee meetings which appear to make them.

If you trawl back through posts on here you'll find dozens of examples.

2 key examples which stick in my mind are the initial allocation of the two gypsy sites to Hart Village, and the removal of the town plan.

Both of those were 'common knowledge' on here and in the civic long before the pantomime committee meetings which claimed to make those decisions.

The attempts to claim the Seaton car parking decision was made this week are laughable.