Ange is Out

Started by fred c, May 22, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

An unconfirmed rumour that the council Limo had been sent to Askham to pick Ange up, and a welcome home tea party had, apparently been arranged in the Mayors Parlour by her chums.

akarjl

So will the Akers-Belchers demand the door is held open for her? Or was it simply never closed ;)

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: akarjl on May 22, 2017, 07: PM
So will the Akers-Belchers demand the door is held open for her? Or was it simply never closed ;)

As the saying goes....As one door closes...another slams shut in your face!  In the run up to the GE, I reckon CAB will find that this 'saying' is more appropriate than he might realise!
If, as the polls suggest, that Labour are 'toast' in the GE, then, imo, the Labour bigwigs, will be analysing, on June 9th, what went wrong and, more importantly, WHY!  IF Labour lose Hartlepool to the Tories (I sincerely hope so and I've NEVER voted Tory in my life...but I will this time!) then the Labour equivalent of CSI will disect every single item/ person/ GE candidate/ councillor/ etc, to find out what went wrong!  If the SCABs and co. aren't on the Labour radar now, then they certainly will be on June 9th!  As my dear late Dad used to say...'They should be on the stage......the first one out of town!'  Expect a 'For Sale' sign up in 101 Westbrooke Avenue just after the GE!

Inspector Knacker

If the Labour Party had any credibility this shower would have been sorted out a long time ago, that's the trouble, they were just by-standees in this. They would be equally guilty for letting the farce continue.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Riqueti

Some of us aren't standing bye. There are a lot of new members who are equally ducked off about this. What I was surprised to learn is the reason that they are at the bottom of the barrel and reason same clowns get elected

kevplumb

so get the lead out and sort it then
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Riqueti on May 23, 2017, 11: PM
Some of us aren't standing bye. There are a lot of new members who are equally ducked off about this. What I was surprised to learn is the reason that they are at the bottom of the barrel and reason same clowns get elected
'New members' of what?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.