Disingenuous or Lies ?

Started by fred c, May 05, 2015, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Disingenuous or Lies, make your own mind up ? 

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/disingenuous

For some reason I had over looked this Front Page Article until I noticed it today, the facts & figures make interesting reading & brought to mind the sheer hypocrisy of The Dear Leader  & The TorLab Mob.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/disingenuous.htm

In May 2014 The Dear Leader was at pains to point out that he & his ruling group would stand firm with council employees & would not increase councillor's allowances until employees received a pay rise.

That statement now appears to be ambiguous, there was a freeze but only from 1/4/14 until 31/12/14, in the year overall there was a pay rise of 1% in both basic & SRA allowances from £5767 to £5825.

The biggest winner in 2014 was Councillor Ray Martin Wells, the Leader of the Conservative Group. The SRA for Chair of Audit and Governance went from £4037 in 2013 to £5825 in 2014, a whopping uplift of over 44% a nice little earner if ever there was one, those figures certainly go some way to explaining why it pays to back Labour in the council chamber.

Overall the boast of standing shoulder to shoulder with the councils employees made by The Dear Leader look a "Tad Shallow" in the 2 year period from 2013 to 2015 staff received a rise of 2.2% whilst councillors received 3.9%.... hypocritical or what ?

The overall cost of councillor's allowances is a hefty lump out of the council tax, rising from £260,091.00 in 2013 to £270,267.00 in 2015... so the standing shoulder to shoulder with the staff statement was to say the least disingenuous.

There is no mention of the expenses claimed by councillors although there are a least 2 TorLab Mob councillors who felt it expedient to claim ex`s for a trip to Portsmouth & 1 of those thought it perfectly ok to be paid for the trip by his employers or to be precise..... the council tax payers of the City of Newcastle, as well as the council tax payers of Hartlepool.

I forgot to mention....... The Indies & PHF councillors refused to take the "Shoulder to Shoulder Rise"