CCGs Merge

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, October 15, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Hmm, wonder where it will be based?
So with talk of more 'buying power', surely such an expanded organisation will need accommodation to suit and staff of course...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Truthache

It was based in a Billingham Health Centre but can now be found here:
NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Clinical Commissioning Group
Care of NHS South Tees Clinical Commissioning Group
North Ormesby Health Village
First Floor
14 Trinity Mews
North Ormesby
Middlesbrough
TS3 6AL

The merger may only just have been given formal approval but changes have been underway for a while I think.

Inspector Knacker

Oh! What a surprise.

Truthache

It is worth remembering that before CCGs existed all of the Commissioning of Health Services was done at regional level by the Strategic Health Authority.  The government of the day disbanded SHAs and empowered GPs to commission for services.  The aim was to give local GPs more say in what was done and where.
Now what is happening, many of the local CCGs are merging to form larger commissioning groups and having fewer executives.  It's all change as usual for management of the NHS.  So the merged CCG doesn't necessarily need to be located in Hartlepool, but it is important that Hartlepool GPs are adequately represented within the new management structure.

seaton

Does that mean we can get rid of some highly paid Chief Executives, Chairman, Managers etc as we don't need 2 of everything too run one partnership.
Then again if they go I assume there will be the usual golden handshakes along with the gold plated pensions, for what, did they ever achieve anything ?

Inspector Knacker

Not that I ever noticed.