Spoiler alert- UKIP might be about to propose something.

Started by DRiddle, February 25, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

From what I'm told UKIPs local lot are moving on from chuntering about immigrants and implicit homophobia.

From what I hear they're going to propose a fire sale of council assets.

In fact, if you're willing to trawl back 5 years through this forum you can work out the 'plan'.

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,259.0.html

steveL

Something to be aware of..... there is a gradual move to ban public questions altogether. We've had a few hints of this including a  comment from Devlin that 'some councils don't allow public questions'. Other snippets have suggested that the plan is to move from public questions to the flawed 'Have Your Say' which is both easier to control and filter.

The Peer Group Report back in 2010 commented that changing a council's constitution was normally a rare event and that it had noticed the unusual frequency with which HBC made changes to its own constitution.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

UKIP need to smarten up. Labour have been selling off assets at a pace for some time - even when it means selling things off at less than their market value.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Alnwickist

According to the Museum service, the total value of the town's collection is 13.8m.Personally, I think that is a gross down valuation, that could easily be doubled and more. That doesn't include councillors "loan " items.