expensive new signs wrong

Started by pieface, February 24, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieface

Has anyone passed those large new very expensive signs you see on road routes in and out of hartlepool yet. It seems to imply by the wording that Hartlepool is "Home of the Royal Navy National Museum" when actually that is Portsmouth. How long till they have to be expensively reworded or replaced?

Johnny Bongo

Don't forget that Hartlepool is 'twinned' with Portsmouth! ::)  Our Ceremonial Mayor, Mr Akers Belcher, actually visited the RN museum and was pictured on board, I believe, HMS Warrior.  As Portsmouth RN museum now have HMS Warrior, they've let us have a few signs in return.  ;)   

Inspector Knacker

It's a national museum and therefore can be applied to any museum within the grouping.
I prefer these signs to to grubby little 'Hartlepool in the Tees Valley' signs.
Anyway, when the the Teesside bandwagon gets into gear it will no doubt become the Teesside home of the the Royal Navy Museum. That would be something to moon about.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on February 24, 2017, 09: PM
Don't forget that Hartlepool is 'twinned' with Portsmouth! ::)  Our Ceremonial Mayor, Mr Akers Belcher, actually visited the RN museum and was pictured on board, I believe, HMS Warrior.  As Portsmouth RN museum now have HMS Warrior, they've let us have a few signs in return.  ;)   

Was that the visit he made, when he got paid time off by inventing a funeral  ;D........ I wonder if his husband knew he had made up the funeral story  :D

Stevef

Couldn't spot the word Niramax anywhere. ???
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

fred c

Quote from: Stevef on February 25, 2017, 09: AM
Couldn't spot the word Niramax anywhere. ???

Who the F**k are Niramax ?

steveL

The Royal Navy having their name linked with Niramax was never much of a possibility
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

I always thought it looked tacky having sponsorship on the signs into town, a bit like saying everything in this town is open to offer.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

How much are the likes of our chief exec paid for being on the board of the museum ?

I bet the museum didn't pay for the signs or sponsorship based on the special relationship.

kevplumb

Quote from: Riddler5 on February 25, 2017, 06: PM
I always thought it looked tacky having sponsorship on the signs into town, a bit like saying everything in this town is open to offer.
ask CAB nicely and it probably is
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment