General Election December 12th?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, October 24, 2019, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

DRiddle

Which makes him a bit like you on message boards.

diSme

Who is this Richard Tice bloke exactly?

Does anyone have any beef on him? Positive or negative...

I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

The two above will no doubt give you an unbiased appraisal of the gentleman and if you believe that I'm an Admiral in the Chinese Navy.
Stand back for a rabid feeding frenzy and much use of the ever popular term of affection and endearment..... 'Bong Eyed Loony' or 'fruitcake'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 22, 2019, 02: PM
Stand back for a rabid feeding frenzy and much use of the ever popular term of affection and endearment..... 'Bong Eyed Loony' or 'fruitcake'.

Sorry just checked my memberships and see no mention of him in the Bong Eyed Loony club- apparently I'm a member.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

I'm an Admiral in the Chinese Navy.

Quite an important job  given the Chinese Navy dwarfs the RN.

Johnny Bongo

Can anyone tell me what the blurb says on the Cranney election billboard poster on Advanced House (the 'old' Hartlepool Mail office)  It's a wonder there hasn't been any RTA's with drivers seeing his ugly mug and trying to read the promises! 

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 22, 2019, 04: PM
I'm an Admiral in the Chinese Navy.

Quite an important job  given the Chinese Navy dwarfs the RN.
I prefer quality to quantity, now hurry up back to Wikipedia and expand your nautical knowledge.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 22, 2019, 04: PM
I prefer quality to quantity, now hurry up back to Wikipedia and expand your nautical knowledge.
No need for Wiki on this subject. In terms of size, capability and slip-way tonnage the Chinese have the RN as a very distant object in their rear-view mirror. Even the Japanese Navy is bigger than the RN.
I even know your reply is from the first google hit (Top Ten Navies Of The World- There are around 30 destroyers, 50 frigates and 40 corvettes. Though some of the older warships are not as capable as their Western or even Russian counteprarts ) when YOU  tried to expand your naval knowledge!

Inspector Knacker

And your actual practical experience of the Royal Navy is........?

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 22, 2019, 07: PM
And your actual practical experience of the Royal Navy is........?

I once bought a packet of Navy Cut for my grandfather.

Inspector Knacker

mk1

Using current polling data there are two possible outcomes on Dec 12

1)Boris gets a majority and can pass May's EU Deal.

2)Labour and The Libs get enough seats to deny Boris a majority..

It follows from those 2 that either we get May's Deal  or a softer Lib-Lab Deal.
No matter which result this means there is no Hard Brexit.

It would be easy to be fooled by the Brexit Party organised  spamming of local message boards  but in fact they exert way more influence locally than they do  nationally.. Currently  they are on about 5% so they have no realistic prospect of enacting a single one of their policies. They are an irrelevance and maybe we should be kinder to those who still claim they are the voice of   'the majority'.

I expect those looking for a return of the fishing fleet are also going to get a shock. During the EU negotiations the needs of The City will always count for more than the fishermen. I expect Boris (if it is he) to trade fishing rights for better access for The City. Just like the DUP the fisherman will find out what the underside of a bus looks like.

Inspector Knacker

When it happens you'll be so excited. You'll call a school assembly and give us your good news while Mr Chips plays the Organ.

Hubris

Quote from: diSme on November 22, 2019, 02: PM
Who is this Richard Tice bloke exactly?

Does anyone have any beef on him? Positive or negative...
Tice is the current MEP for East of England. He's 55. Born in Farnham. Successful businessman with 30 yrs experience. Has a track record of fixing things, making things happen and getting things done. His election platform is built on :-1. making Brexit a fact (ie delivering what 69.6% of us voted for) 2. Bring investment, money and jobs to Hartlepool 3. Change politics for good (like - abolish the House of Lords, sort out the corrupt postal voting scam, reform the British Biased Corporation, roll-back on the 50 years of squandered opportunity in Hartlepool caused by labour's complacency and their stranglehold on power)
He's personable, affable, relaxed, polite, genial. We'd be proud and lucky to have him as Hartlepool's ambassador/representative.

diSme......give him a chance, why not? or, go with the cardboard cut-out, the Invisible Mr. H, or maybe go for the Incredible Cran! (and then just imagine having to watch his toe-curling inaugural speech in the 'owse of communns)
Vote Tice.....Help Change Hartlepool for Good!

(Catching you up mikeyboy. Now my hammered keyboard is up to about 120. Only need 5463 more to get level. No doubt your enormous collection of junior encyclopedias would give you the answer to tonight's homework question.......Who said "It's quality not quantity that counts"?)