First move of a thriving party

Started by Hubris, November 20, 2019, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubris

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: Topcat on November 26, 2019, 03: PM

Every car I have bought for years has had the speedometer graduated in MPH on the main scale and KPH on the minor scale,however the Odometer has been graduated in miles only. This is true of all vehicles produced to be sold to the UK market whatever country they were manufactured in.

"ay, there's the rub" and definitely a small cigar  not The Scottish Play

I didn't know that there was a cigar called Macbeth! ;)
Johnny, always good for a laugh mikeyboy was just trying to backtrack on his last clever attempt at quoting Shakespeare when he faceplanked by getting his Macbeth totally mixed up with his Hamlet. Maybe the Bard's works haven't quite made it to Greatham yet!

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Hubris on November 27, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: Topcat on November 26, 2019, 03: PM

Every car I have bought for years has had the speedometer graduated in MPH on the main scale and KPH on the minor scale,however the Odometer has been graduated in miles only. This is true of all vehicles produced to be sold to the UK market whatever country they were manufactured in.

"ay, there's the rub" and definitely a small cigar  not The Scottish Play

I didn't know that there was a cigar called Macbeth! ;)
Johnny, always good for a laugh mikeyboy was just trying to backtrack on his last clever attempt at quoting Shakespeare when he faceplanked by getting his Macbeth totally mixed up with his Hamlet. Maybe the Bard's works haven't quite made it to Greatham yet!

To be fair (to Mk1), I think what he meant after ''ay, there's the rub'' (Hamlets solilquy)....was  ''and definitely a small cigar'' =(Hamlet, the small cigar) as opposed to  ''not The Scottish Play'' = (Macbeth).  A novel puzzle, a play on words if you like!
I'm off to bed now...to sleep..to sleep...perchance to dream...aye, there's the rub!