Middleton Cabin Owners issue a press release.

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 26, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

Don't think he's liked pussies for a while.

Johnny Bongo

Have MCO asked PD Ports directly if there is any proposed development of the site?  If not, would PD Ports intervene on behalf of MCO.  Have MCO tried to come to an arrangement with PD Ports directly over any rent/ lease arrangements?  Has one of the Cabal got plans for the site....possibly a new CIC or Charity? 
It seems that HBC are cutting off their own nose ( via the loss of rent) just to spite MCO.   

SRMoore

There is way more to this story than meets the eye. I haven't got enough time atm to delve right in but figured I'd clear a basic point up that Jonny raised.

PD Ports own the land, HBC lease it off them and then lease it on to Middleton Cabin Owners.

PD Ports raised the rent at the same time HBC said they could no longer afford to subsidise the rent by £10k per year whilst making cuts to other services. As a consequence Middleton Cabin Owners were told they would need to cover the difference between them.

Lease is up for renewal and MCO have told HBC they will not/cannot pay the increased rent but they still want HBC to enter into a new lease with PD Ports on their behalf. Obviously the council is not minded to do this given the financial risk involved should MCO not pay as HBC would be left to pick up the tab.

It should also be pointed out that PD Ports have recently stated that even if a new lease was sought they would look to review rent again prior to lease being signed as rental value has gone up since last valuation. (Their words not mine)
They have also indicated that should the site be cleared it would make it easier for them to expand on operations from Irvine Quay and provide better access to it.

I hope that helps paint a clearer picture of the situation.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Shane's right in that this isn't quite as simple as people have assumed.