Voting Demographics of Hartlepool

Started by Jim Gillespie, January 07, 2015, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Gillespie

As we all know, Hartlepool is now fair game for all house builders and developers.

Predominantly, new homes will be of the executive variety and not the affordable homes, less profitable variety.

So my question to the forum users is this; do you think all these people moving into executive homes in Hartlepool will be Labour voters or will the Labour stranglehold in this town finally begin to weaken?

Land Phil

We had a generation of Hartlepudlians get an indoor lavvy during Labour rule in the town and that didn't change anything.

It is my belief that 90% of people in the town don't understand politics and refer to the odd sound bite at best.
Most people don't associate government expenditure with taxes and just use the phrase 'the government should pay for that' without connecting it to the fact if the government did it would mean more taxes on their wages.

As for new houses, the only people I know on the executive estates of Hartlepool spend 90% of their time working out of town so they can afford them.
You know the type where the poor kid says, I'm seeing my dad in 2 weekends time when he comes home from work in London.

mk1

It is easy to dismiss all Labour voters as ignorant uniformed benefit claimants but we all know it is not true. The fact is the personal interests of the majority of the townsfolk are better served by Labour than they are by the Tories. The quickest way to political oblivion is to insult the 30% of people who always vote and then wonder why the 70% who support you on media  groups do not keep their promise (as they never will) to get off their ar*ses and vote for you. You will only succeed in Hartlepool by winning over  Labour voters.
We should also be aware that a number of extreme right wing  posters have jumped on the anti-Labour bandwagon so as to advance their own personal  interests of reducing state spending/oversight  in order to boost their  income. These greedy self-centred people  do not care in the least if  pensioners starve of the NHS goes under. I say those bug*gers should feck off.