Free feed

Started by Ted Bass, September 01, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Bass

HARTLEPOOL'S Ceremonial Mayor Councillor Stephen Akers-Belcher sampled the culinary delights of lndia when he officially opened Hartlepool's latest restaurant.

'Mumbai' has opened its doors in the basement of the town's Grand Hotel on Victoria Road, offering a wide selection of Indian dishes in its immaculate 90-seater restaurant under the banner of "majestic Indian dining."

The enterprise - which is completely separate from the Grand Hotel - is the latest major investment by owner Syed Khalid, who has spent more than 40 years in the restaurant business and also owns the 'Mumbai' restaurant in Haswell Plough in County Durham, the 'Goa' restaurant in Sunderland and 'Khalid Caterers' in Sunderland and Spennymoor.

"With the recent launch of the Hartlepool Vision to revitalise the town, I see an exciting future ahead and I had no hesitation in investing here," said 57-year-old Mr Khalid, who came to England from Bangladesh in 1972 and lives in Sunderland, where he is also the Chairman of the Sunderland Bangladesh International Centre.

"We know that people in Hartlepool love Indian cuisine and we are tempting them with an authentic menu which incorporates both traditional classic favourites and new recipes which apply eastern flavours with a western twist."

Hartlepool's 'Mumbai' has created ten new jobs and is managed by Mr Khalid's son Syed Tahim Ahmed Khalid, who oversees a team including a head chef with over 30 years' experience.

Opening the new restaurant, Councillor Akers-Belcher said: "I am delighted to welcome Mr Khalid and his family to Hartlepool and I wish them and 'Mumbai' every success.

"Our town is sure to give them a very warm welcome and is an excellent location for their latest business venture."

Picture caption: Councillor Stephen Akers-Belcher (centre) opens the new Mumbai restaurant.

Press release PRO36492. 1 September 2014.
Issued by Julian Heward, Public Relations Officer, on 01429 523044.

Are all these businessmen involved with 'the vision' just looking for a free bit of publicity and a nudge nudge with the planning while Ste and Chris think they look good by attracting business to the town and get a free feed too.

I hope they had plenty of Andrex in the Kremlin the next day.
The loneliness of the long distance lorry driver

ashamedtobebritish

A Certain Somebodys botty will be sore tonight....

Stephen Ackers Belcher will be rather flustered for the rest of the week.