strange state of affairs

Started by Lord Elpus, December 11, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Ermmmmmm a bit of "Local Research" might well have paid off for the developer, the bottom end of Seaton was troubled by drainage problems going back many years.

I remember the Old Seaton Cricket Pitch, the area that is now Seaton Golf Clubs pratice area being underwater on many occasions, in fact if you take a walk along there at the moment the pratice area is covered in massive puddles.

I realise that the Domes are a little further along from that area, but over the road from the Dome site is an area, we called "The Slems", going back to when i was a young lad "The Slems" quite often had a series of becks & deep ponds all over the place.

I wonder how many more problems will arise If & when the proposed housing development in that area goes ahead.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

He is always in the paper, obviously drinks in the right bar.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Sounds like Hopper is trying to get more money out of him. Bit of a dilema for Ray  'I can fix it for you'.
Who does he support is this type of blackmail dispute

steveL

". . . but developer Seaton Leisure has been forced to put back the launch due to an on-going issue with a surface water pipe which has been disconnected."

This sounds like some sort of drainage did exist but now doesn't because it has been disconnected possibly because Hopper is no longer the owner of the land and therefore sees no reason to pay the fee. If this is the case then it sounds more like an oversight on the part of Seaton Leisure - in technical terms - a c**k-up.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

Those domes look very flimsy and where does all the rain go that falls on them - into the surrounding field by the look of it. Wouldn't you think drainage would have been somewhere near he top of any plans?

tankerville

If my memory serves me correct was'nt there a ditch the full length of Tees Road to eleviate flooding?

Some years past a scene of crime with the body of  a young woman found there.

mk1

Quote from: tankerville on December 13, 2012, 03: PM

Some years past a scene of crime with the body of  a young woman found there.

Her dad ran the Gemini

tankerville

Yes I remember now a terrible crime committed, perhaps a memorial or a dedication could be put in place by the developer on this site. Just a thought!