A Swipe in the Cause of Megalomania

Started by steveL, October 29, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Taken from the Black Cat page:
http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/columnists/black-cat/102-black-cat-27102012

A Swipe in the Cause of Megalomania
Oh dear, she's at it again.....HBC operates a system whereby anyone who loses their Security Swipe Card or ID Card is charged £5 and £0.75 respectively if they lose them. For reasons unknown, this system hasn't, up until now, been applied to Councillors. An omission, you would think and one that someone with a bit of initiative has apparently decided to put right by sending out an e-mail.

Whoooaaaa! . . . . . Did you ask Marge's permission?

Within a trice, out goes the following e-mail from Queen Ursula herself:

Hi All

I am just letting you know, that I have challenged the validity of the statement about charges to members.
Seemingly the decision was NOT AUTHORISED and you will be receiving a further email from HBC to confirm that the charges mentioned WILL NOT be levied against members.

Marjorie

Marjorie used a rather larger font, presumably because she believes size is everything - at least in terms of reflecting her own perceived status. No one seems to know why she's done this or who she thinks she's speaking for and no one but her seems to think that if Councillors, just like staff, are daft enough to lose their ID then they should not have to pay for a replacement like everone else.

Let's pop over to the Peer Group's final report for a moment and extract from it the following:

". . . lots of people spoke to us about what they see as the significant 'power' that lies within the overview and scrutiny function – when, legally, this function has no decision-making power. "

It's all getting very confusing to a humble soul like me. Just who IS in charge down at the Kremlin? There appear to be so many claimants these days - The Mayor, the Chief Executive, a former Chief Executive, UNISON and of course the lady herself. Why can't they all just disappear to the Kremlin car park and fight it out in the old fashioned way and whoever is 'last man standing' wins a £20m deficit and a fag packet on which to work out the next budget.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.