Is there a Doctor in the Ward?

Started by steveL, November 13, 2017, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on January 22, 2018, 09: PM
Unions count for nothing.
Speaking from experience they are an expensive free pocket diary and nothing more.

You're not wrong there mate...but maybe............................just maybe....!  Anyway, time for my anti-hallucinogenic, anti delusionary drugs! 

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on January 22, 2018, 09: PM
Unions count for nothing.
Speaking from experience they are an expensive free pocket diary and nothing more.

Speaking from bitter experience I would say Union Members should think more along the lines of 'what can I do to help the Union' rather than 'what is the Union going to do for me'.
A Union is an insurance company not an extension of whatever Group controls the Labour Party. If you think big business is corrupt then you should spend some time dealing with Union Funds as  most of the people I knew made a very good living sucking 'expenses' from the Branch. Where do you think out current Councillors learned to lie cheat and steal so succesfully?

Johnny Bongo

I just wonder what the rank and file union members in HBC actually think about the Scabs and Mike Hill? I would presume (probably wrongly but he ho!) that most of them are Labour supporters /voters.  Can they not see that the Scabs, and the rest of the criminal group are hijacking the 'original' Labour brand...just like Mandelson and Blair did!  When will we be rid of the Pseudo Labour plague in this town?

Inspector Knacker

They are in the odd position of being shamelessly able to blame 'cuts' for all their woes and grab the publicity when the 'good news'  comes along.
They portray themselves as perpetual victims of a nasty government trying valiantly to shield their electorate. Oddly enough, when the same nasty government gives them money to splash on another vanity project, they elbow their way to the front and trumpet their own brilliance and benevolence without so much as a blush.
I really don't see this as a Labour Council or The Conservatives as Tory, just a blurred power block.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Rumour has it if Labour swin the next election they'll pay to move the entire town on a huge barge all the way to London to cut the good doctors commute and make him a local doctor.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

McLaughlin's register of interests still includes the local hospital trust.