General Election June 8th

Started by steveL, April 18, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

General Election called for 8th June
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Election for a new Labour Party leader on June 9th .... ?

jeffh

I think the Labour manifesto will be very interesting.  If it's all around the Islington crowd's ideals they'll probably sink without trace, whereas a manifesto around supporting Brexit could see some stability return - If he wants to survive Jessa needs to take this opportunity to get the Parliamentary Labour Party behind him with a manifesto they all agree on - it's now time for them to stand as a united party and try to leave the party differences behind them - see how many stand behind their principles

craig finton

jeffh

That's one way of putting it  ;)

seaton

Very shrewd move by May as she knows Labours ratings are probably the lowest they have been for years and also testing the waters in Scotland.

The Great Dictator

Poor Corbyn will be sh*tting himself.

fred c

Quote from: gerek on April 18, 2017, 11: AM
I think the Labour manifesto will be very interesting.  If it's all around the Islington crowd's ideals they'll probably sink without trace, whereas a manifesto around supporting Brexit could see some stability return - If he wants to survive Jessa needs to take this opportunity to get the Parliamentary Labour Party behind him with a manifesto they all agree on - it's now time for them to stand as a united party and try to leave the party differences behind them - see how many stand behind their principles

If they are anything like the HCLP...... they won't have any  :)

jeffh

She's also sounding out her own backbenchers - this time round she will have a manifesto to refer to, not a Cameron legacy which is now seen as pretty toxic.

On a lighter note - do we think they'll be getting the Rosettes out in Westbrook Avenue?

Land Phil

The end of little Iain ?

The end of a Labour MP in Hartlepool ?

jeffh

She's also sounding out her own backbenchers - this time round she will have a manifesto to refer to, not a Cameron legacy which is now seen as pretty toxic.

On a lighter note - do we think they'll be getting the Rosettes out in Westbrook Avenue?

Problem is which colour?  ;D

jeffh

Is Iain Wright standing again? - I thought he'd had enough with the Town Labour Party - or had they had enough of him?

stokoe

What's the tactics to get rid of the Lab,tor sh**e.

jeffh

Quote from: stokoe on April 18, 2017, 11: AM

.............errrr vote UKIP  8)

jeffh

Quote from: stokoe on April 18, 2017, 11: AM

.............errrr vote UKIP  8)

I bet Jonathan Arnott is wetting himself