Hartlepool Life

Started by Steely Dan, March 06, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Just saw the latest copy and final copy for me. Adverts with titbits of trivia and nostalgia. As much content as a pizza leaflet.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Steely Dan

The content is very poor and there's not much ch of it. Lots of music news for the yoof though.

mk1

Quote from: Steely Dan on March 31, 2017, 11: AM
The content is very poor and there's not much ch of it. Lots of music news for the yoof though.

It has achieved something remarkable. Shown that the Hartlepool Mail is not as bad as I thought it was!

Steely Dan

MK1 you know what? You're absolutely right.

Who'd have thought it? I think it will get worse as well.

Inspector Knacker

The only plus is I didn't see any pics of itchy and scratchy.Yet.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Riddler5 on March 31, 2017, 03: PM
The only plus is I didn't see any pics of itchy and scratchy.Yet.

Don't worry, there's plenty of time yet!  They'll be trying on new suits and new corsets (whalebone, of course!) and inventing some bulls&*t topic to justify the pics of them! 
However...on a nostalgic note....when I was a paperboy for Freddy Lumsden in Oxford Road, over 40 years ago, I remember having to wait well beyond 4.30pm for the Mail to arrive, as the latest news of that day was actually being printed!  And it was actually about Hartlepool...NOT North Shields, |Hetton le Hole or some other weird and wonderful exotic place!  Lots of newsagents around then...obviously well before the internet...so basically, people had only a very limited choice of 'news', be it local or national!  Now, it's global, we have a choice of what we want to read, believe and digest!  The Hartlepool Mail are still stuck in the 19th Century...no wonder they are losing hundreds of customers every day!

testing times

Picked up a copy of No.3 in Morrisons today. Adverts, adverts for the private businesses of the people behind the paper, spaces where adverts would have been if they had more advertisers, council press releases and old Mail stories. I think three weeks is long enough to get the picture and I'll be leaving No 4 in the stand.

fred c

It definitely seems to have tweaked Joy's Buttocks......... fire at Seaton this morning early am, Docks wall smashed apparently with several police vehicles kicking about, and......... Diddley Squat in the Snail

Steely Dan

Quote from: testing times on April 05, 2017, 03: PM
Picked up a copy of No.3 in Morrisons today. Adverts, adverts for the private businesses of the people behind the paper, spaces where adverts would have been if they had more advertisers, council press releases and old Mail stories. I think three weeks is long enough to get the picture and I'll be leaving No 4 in the stand.

As MK1 pointed out earlier, they've actually achieved what most people would have thought impossible - they've made the Mail look less s**t than it is.

Same advertisers seem to be supporting Life so I'd guess they're on deals for a number of weeks. When that deal ends I'd bet they won't be back for more.

testing times

Noticed that there's a hell of lot of copies left in Morrisons from last week. Looks like the novelty has worn off

Steely Dan

Same in Aldi Throston. But it's been the same every week. I Presume that's because Lord Leo of Foy pops in over from his boozer to restock.

What baffles me is the whole pages of estate agent ads with no houses advertised. Surely anybody buying a house uses the Internet? Have I missed something?

Riqueti

[quote Lord Leo of Foy
[/quote]

;D