Carpetgate....

Started by steveL, March 02, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

Quote from: akarjlSomeone's disliking most of the comments- can't be Crannible a club doesn't really work that well on a keyboard.....

thats myself and freds pet troll

we have our own "fan" club on the mail site  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

kevplumb

i sure as hell hope so brother

time this lot got a real kick up the @rse
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

Land Phil

I do hope somebody up the Labour Party chain is reading all the comments here, on FB and the Mail page.

steveL

The attempted escape route in all this is that the carpets will eventually be re-used in other council buildings and in schemes to bring houses back into use. This provides a good opportunity to explain one of the ways that things really work within HBC.

In all such schemes, a budget spend will be allocated to include all necessary work and in the case of bringing houses back into use this will include perhaps rewiring, re plastering, redecoration and carpeting. Using carpets stored from the ILC will lead to an under spend on the money allocated per house.

Under spends are quite frequent within HBC, suspiciously frequent, but invariably, instead of the unspent money being stored in one giant accountancy pot ready to help mitigate the need for a maximum rise in council tax the following year or to help fill the increasing social care funding gaps, such monies are viewed as 'floating free monies' by Labour and are pounced upon instantly to fund personal projects. One thing labour have proven time and time again is that they cannot bear to have loose money floating about - it burns a whole in their profligate pockets.

So ultimately, the stored carpets will benefit the likes of Cranney and Marjorie, the most frequent beneficiaries of such loose money and the biggest stars of the councils own 'Shameless' cast
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

There is a comment in The Mail, all carpets are glued down in public places is correct.
In my lifetime of working in public areas they were always glued down, no underlay like domestic carpets and a lot more expensive as they were classed as industrial.
They don't want the public tripping over a loose piece of carpet and then have a claim going in.
Removing them totally destroys them, not a five minute job either, the surface they have been glued too could also be damaged so more expense.
I believe the figure quoted is way out, I would like to see the carpet after it has been removed from the building, for me it will be in a skip.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

akarjl

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/anger-as-13-500-blunder-sees-new-carpets-ripped-out-of-4million-centre-1-8418399

The carnage continues- even the snail dare not turn off comments it seems- wonder when national press and TV pick up on this- something as moronic as this could result in Cwistopher going- his despicable claim that it was as a result of guidelines relating to autism is a disgrace.

Keep piling the comments and subtle abuse on the mail site, Mr n Mrs are obviously furiously disliking all comments.....i bet theres been a few handbags thrown around at Cwissey Towers....

akarjl

Quote from: Land Phil on March 03, 2017, 10: AM
I do hope somebody up the Labour Party chain is reading all the comments here, on FB and the Mail page.

Whats the face book page Phil?

not4me

currently 59 comments on the Mail article. Can't remember anything getting that sort of score before

kevplumb

myself and fred are hammering away  ;)

just in case you don't know who JR Ewing is  ;D

steveL

yea he's the guy who got shot - you better watch your step as you walk passed the Civic.  ::)

kevplumb

Quote from: steveL on March 04, 2017, 10: AM
yea he's the guy who got shot - you better watch your step as you walk passed the Civic.  ::)
I'm safe enough as long as I owe them money  ;)

for fawkes sake

Having looked at the pictures of the removed carpets, the story that all this was the result of a petulant whim of the of the great Leader gains significant credibility. I await the pictures of the new carpet with obvious anticipation. 
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Foggy

Well done to whoever took those before pictures. I bet CAB spontaneous combusted when he saw them (with any luck)... would have loved to have been a fly on the wall  ;D

The only possible issue is the slight checked pattern the carpet tiles create. But that is seriously clutching at straws. I'm sure they will use it though.

I'm hoping this one doesn't go away like most other things do. There comes a time where someone somewhere in the Kremlin has to say enough's enough. People must be accountable for the diabolical decisions they make on a daily basis.

The Fail are being uncharacteristically brave on this one. Strange. It won't last I'm sure.