Carpetgate....

Started by steveL, March 02, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieface

Quote from: mk1 on March 13, 2017, 01: PM
For a  picture of the Council/Private Sector interaction prefered by the Labour Group see Morton and NIRAMAX. Basicaly if your business ethics chime with Cranney then you are 'in' big time.
I am fairly certain was are going to see some hefty  'charity' donations from a certain wannabe property developer/football club owner in the coming months. He is just a sock puppet and the real power is the woman behind him who managed to get the managers job for one of her close personal friends.

Don't forget SEYMOUR services company who seem to get contracts handed out to do when some grant money for infrastructure projects in Hartlepool is spent wisely!

jeffh

Quote from: steveL on March 20, 2017, 02: PM
To be fair, what we are actually talking about here is the Owton Manor/Foggy Furze Cabal. You can pretty much exclude all other wards and other ward councillors from suspicion. Some of the other councillors might not be very good but I don't think they can be put in the same cesspit as the Famous Five.

Think of the five councillors we are talking about: Cranney, James, Barclay, the two SCABS and you've collected everything that's wrong with HBC in one grubby bag. Wilcox was a protege of Cranney and James, CAB's just pis*ed off because he wasn't born a Tory and SAB would like to be Cranney's protege if only he could understand the maths.

If the other Labour councillors only had the balls to cut off their gangrenous arm then things wouldn't be so bad.

Let's not forget Raymondo aiding & Abetting - if we were like other towns with the Tory's in opposition we could be 3 Bye-elections away from a coalition majority ousting Labour and the whole house of card crashing down around the SCABs & Co

steveL

I've lost track of the numbers but I'm expecting a by-election in Headland & Harbour fairly soon. Remember, if Labour lose that one, it will reduce Labour's voting difference by two. We are not far off a situation where Labour will be kept in power by the Tories at which point the wrath of public opinion will fall on the Poison Dwarf like a Sumo wrestler.

Interesting times.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

akarjl

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/replacement_of_furnishings_in_th#incoming-947061

Note
QuoteThe carpets are to be temporarily placed into storage and the intention is to use most of them in other Hartlepool Council buildings within areas in need of replacement. They will also be used as part of our Empty Homes Scheme which brings derelict properties back into use for local people.

The cost to the council of removing and replacing the carpets is £13,500.

Can't resist this ...swept under carpet......we were told carpets were glued down so ripped up= response is a pack of lies. Calamity Cwis wasted 13,500 at least.

fred c

I heard from a carpet bloke, his estimate was it was well over £30k...... an FOI probably wouldn't result in the actual figures becoming known to the public.

crisstw

Quote from: fred c on April 24, 2017, 08: AM
I heard from a carpet bloke, his estimate was it was well over £30k...... an FOI probably wouldn't result in the actual figures becoming known to the public.

pink slipped?

Lord Elpus

I was told by a Council Officer that the true cost was close to £75,000.

I believe them.

steveL

Hard to decide if council officers whispering Chinese whispers are being helpful or, in fact, are part of the problem. Certainly, the willingness of some senior officers to participate in cover-ups and damage limitation exercises calls into question their own professional standards.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notenoughsaid

I had occasion to visit the Hartlepool Centre for Independent Living yesterday to pick somebody up. Whilst waiting I noticed that the new sign on the main wall is defective. The letter 'H' at the beginning of  Hartlepool appears to be hanging down on one screw and lower than the rest. Effectively  'dropped ' as it is  when spoken by some   people in the town.....Must have been fitted by one of Cranneys apprentices!!!!!