Carpetgate....

Started by steveL, March 02, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Apparently, this has been picked up by The Mail. CAB's excuse is that the original carpets, which were plain beige, were not suitable for autistic people and those with dementia.

Of course, even if that were true, it would also have been true when they first chose the carpet - so there's no getting away from the fact that this is money wasted. Remember, these are the same people who spent £400,000 on Waverley Allotments for the disabled and then realised too late that they'd forgotten to include a disabled toilet.

This creep will say anything when he has been rumbled over something - even if it means using the disabled as an excuse. I must ask him sometime how the attempt to keep the lid on all of this is going  ;) ;)

Just a little bit of guidance that shows how CAB is lying through his teeth.

http://www.autism-architects.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2012/06/MLA-Presentation-November-2010-low-res-pdf.pdf
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

stokoe

What a pathetic horrible little s**t,couldn't lie straight in bed.

fred c

Quote from: stokoe on March 02, 2017, 05: PM
What a pathetic horrible little s**t,couldn't lie straight in bed.

If that is the case..... it will be difficult unless they have a queen sized bed, both of them have a track record of telling fibs.

akarjl

Do we have a link to Mail article ? If comments are open be very satisfying to pile misery on the little s**t- we know he reads ever word written on line about him.

steveL

won't be in till tomorrow or maybe even the day after
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on March 02, 2017, 07: PM
won't be in till tomorrow or maybe even the day after
I can't see it ever being in, it's a fanzine not a newspaper.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

my youngest is autistic and plain beige carpets do not bother her one iota
that little fat b@g of sh*te will use anybody and anything to try and cover his own incompetent attempts at trying to justify his little fairyland dreams
and bug*er who has to pick up the bill
the man (and I use the word loosely here)
should be publicly pilloried and the sooner the better

admin I've just finished a bad shift
if you feel this needs editing feel free
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

akarjl

Posted a few digs at Cwissy just to ruin his morning

Inspector Knacker

This doesn't make sense.

1. Surely as such a building was being built the designers would be aware of the requirements.

2. Who pointed out the link with dementia and autism? What qualifications do they hold?

3. What are the guidelines in regards of colouring of floor coverings, are they mandatory or advisory or do they aurally exist at all?

Could someone explain why such a centre was actually built there at all adjacent to an industrial estate and well away from any public transport access?

akarjl

Similar questions have been asked on the Snail site.

Quote from: Riddler5 on March 03, 2017, 07: AM

Could someone explain why such a centre was actually built there at all adjacent to an industrial estate and well away from any public transport access?

I wondered that - why didn't they just use the mail office building? Or the college of art on Church square or the soon to close Magistrates court? There must have been some building that could have been utilised? Are any at the Kremlin directors of building companies or design firms?

akarjl

Looks Cwissy is up and about with his pink onesie and perhaps a cup of camomile tea to set him up for the day.

...1st task of the day call the editor of the mail and order them to remove the comments- or even the whole article?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/council-rip-out-13-000-worth-of-new-carpets-from-building-1-8418399

Someone's disliking most of the comments- can't be Crannible a club doesn't really work that well on a keyboard.....

I predict by 0930 comments will have been removed or turned off.

steveL

You need to have a sense of history to know that....and a good memory.

So go back to the traveller site controversy and the distasteful mad rush of some councillors to make sure the travellers weren't placed in their wards. CAB ran a campaign to stop the Travellers being placed in their traditional location in Belle Vue and put out a newsletter boasting about how he had prevented the Travellers from being located in his ward.

Peter Jackson threw something of a wobbler after finding out one of the sites in Throston had been identified as a possible location (1 of 16) and then helped Robbie Payne to come up with a plan to designate land in Burbank Street for an Independent Learning Centre - land that had been identified as a possible site for the Travellers. The result was that the land was then classed as 'unsuitable' because it had been allocated for future use.

fred c

I bet the carpets weren't Diarrhoea Brown......... the both appeared to like that colour, it did suit them though  :) :) :)

Inspector Knacker

If you were looking for a site for such a development, that site would somewhere near the bottom of favoured locations.