Navy not Pink

Started by Land Phil, November 10, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_exile

I had the misfortune of being stuck on the A1 this evening, made all the worse by an interview on the Radio Cleveland news with our very own clowncillor Cranney from 'Artlepool.

I would like to say he spoke eloquently with a lucid and forthright plan........................... unfortunately he was none of the above.

Mind you he managed to mention 'Artlepool (unfortunately) many times in the interview

seaton

A few years ago Drummond, I am told, fresh out of his monkey suit,being perfectly qualified to investigate such things, buggered off on some trip  to explore the idea of cruise ships calling at Hartlepool, then was told they were too big with an average draft of 7-8 meters.....then there was some moronic discussions of ferrying passengers in by boats......the nautical world shook their heads in despair.

I wouldn't say a  moronic discussion, ferrying people from Cruise Liners which are too big too dock is quite common. I went on a Med Cruise and we were ferried on several occasions in the Lifeboats to inaccessible ports.

akarjl

Quote from: seaton on November 12, 2016, 01: AM
A few years ago Drummond, I am told, fresh out of his monkey suit,being perfectly qualified to investigate such things, buggered off on some trip  to explore the idea of cruise ships calling at Hartlepool, then was told they were too big with an average draft of 7-8 meters.....then there was some moronic discussions of ferrying passengers in by boats......the nautical world shook their heads in despair.

I wouldn't say a  moronic discussion, ferrying people from Cruise Liners which are too big too dock is quite common. I went on a Med Cruise and we were ferried on several occasions in the Lifeboats to inaccessible ports.

True but, as an ex cruise ship master mariner, IMO, Hartlepool is too exposed to be tendering passengers, something the cruise world would have told Drummond if he had simply picked up the phone - then again that would have resulted in missing out on a jolly boys outing,without getting too technical, the anchorage is too far out and conditions change quickly. I've run tender ops all over world but not only do you need to be able to get them ashore you also need to be able to get them back.......a long tender run back with boozed up passengers quickly turns into a "vomit comet".

Steely Dan

IT never ceases to amaze me the crap that Hartlepool voters are prepared to elect and how they tolerate the incompetents who seem to have been there for ever. Comrade Richadson and his ex-wife Spring to mind here.

The best example however is Dumbo Drummond. Elected three times IIRC correctly despite having zero qualifications for the job and no achievements while he was in the job.

Then we had the nonsense at the last election when a barely literate taxi driver was touted as a potential MP. Bad enough that the general thicko public thought it was a good idea but totally ridiculous that some local politicians seemed to support the notion. I'm thinking Mr Riddle here but being as slippery as an eel that has been liberally greased, I'm sure he will deny this.

The reason Hartlepool is in the state its in can be summed up in five words. You reap what you sow.

DRiddle

You've given yourself away again Steely Dan. I've read 'Naked Lunch' by the way, so I get the joke with your username.

Very appropriate given most people who come into contact with you quickly realise you're a massive (insert word here)

Steely Dan

Quote from: DRiddle on November 12, 2016, 11: AM
You've given yourself away again Steely Dan. I've read 'Naked Lunch' by the way, so I get the joke with your username.

Very appropriate given most people who come into contact with you quickly realise you're a massive (insert word here)

Mr Riddle. I'm not sure what you are talking about. The Steely Dan handle comes from my all-time favourite band although I realise they were named after the book you refer to.

As for the insult (although you know nothing about me although we have met a couple of times when you were teaching) it's neither here nor there. Just a typical response from someone unable to deal with the issue at hand.

Once someone resorts to insults I realise I'm wasting my time trying to have a reasoned debate. Bye.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Insults are what they do on here.   Full of cyber bullies unable to cope with the world around them

fred c

mmmmm makes you wonder why it's so popular, it even seems to attract people who don't appear care for it's content.

akarjl

Quote from: DRiddle on November 12, 2016, 11: AM

Is this Driddle as in member of the Kremlin team aka not putting anyone other than HBC members first? Who has only attended 3 out of 7 meetings?

If so it hasn't taken you long to adopt the standard council approach to the public i.e abuse and insults. Do HBC members have to attend am "abuse training course" run by Hannibal Cranny?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

It's really not that popular.  It's has about 10 regular posters.   I just pop on now and again when I need cheering up

Steely Dan

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 12, 2016, 12: PM
Insults are what they do on here.   Full of cyber bullies unable to cope with the world around them

I agree there seems to be an element of that. But being totally honest I'd say a lot of the abuse you have received you've brought on yourself. Contrast that with my comments above which I'd like to think are considered, objective and intended to be constructive.

Steely Dan

Quote from: fred c on November 12, 2016, 12: PM
mmmmm makes you wonder why it's so popular, it even seems to attract people who don't appear care for it's content.

Fred, I'm not sure if it's popular or not. I'd agree with Bresslaw that it seems to have a dozen or so regulars including yourself but that doesn't mean there aren't thousands reading it. I don't know what the figures are.

What I do know is that it des have the potential to bring about political change now that the Mail has become totally irrelevant. It just needs focus, direction and managing.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 12, 2016, 01: PM
It's really not that popular.  It's has about 10 regular posters.   I just pop on now and again when I need cheering up
We'll have to call you Pearl in future.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Call me what ever you fancy mate

Steely Dan

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 12, 2016, 01: PM
Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 12, 2016, 01: PM
We'll have to call you Pearl in future.

Pearl?