Navy not Pink

Started by Land Phil, November 10, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 11, 2016, 03: PM
I asked, Land Phil answered.  I shall ignore the rest of the comments
Lessons have bean learned. Actions have been taken to prevent any further such errors and it is time we moved on and look to the future rather then the past.

I would venture there was a high horse ready-saddled and awaiting the order to charge-only for the rider to fall off flat on his ar*se  at the first hurdle!

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I really don't know what you're banging on about but you seem to be enjoying yourself.

suvin

On the BBC local news is an update on the vision for Jackson's Landing starring Cranney in full flow. The plans now are for a new museum on the site, along with an hotel and another ship.

fred c

Quote from: suvin on November 11, 2016, 05: PM
On the BBC local news is an update on the vision for Jackson's Landing starring Cranney in full flow. The plans now are for a new museum on the site, along with an hotel and another ship.

I await the commencement of construction on this new development with great anticipation.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 11, 2016, 05: PM
I really don't know what you're banging on about but you seem to be enjoying yourself.
Really ? I suspect you were about to lead the charge of the genetically indignant and easily offended cavalry, but your horse dropped dead as the bugle was about to sound.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on November 11, 2016, 05: PM
Quote from: suvin on November 11, 2016, 05: PM

I await the commencement of construction on this new development with great anticipation.
I await the artists impression of this development .

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 11, 2016, 05: PM

Really ? I suspect you were about to lead the charge of the genetically indignant and easily offended cavalry, but your horse dropped dead as the bugle was about to sound.

He fancies himself as a  SJW.

Note also that his reply is a variation of his standard 'I don't understand what you are saying'.

Inspector Knacker

He was about to draw his sword of righteousness and found he only had the handle and then decided look as though that's what he meant to do all along. Comical.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I normally refrain from abuse and personal digs, but on this occasion mk1, you Sir really are a d*c**e*d.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 11, 2016, 05: PM
I normally refrain from abuse and personal digs, but on this occasion mk1, you Sir really are a d*c**e*d.

Ah, the sweet voice of reason ...

mk1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-37953669

The council is spending £40,000 flattening the waterfront site and is also in talks with a hotel chain.
Councillor Kevin Cranney, head of regeneration for the council, said it was considering a multi-million regeneration of the area.
]Mr Cranney said: "We need to reflect on Hartlepool's heritage and as we know this is all based around the sea.
"This was a big shipbuilding town."
The council said it was currently levelling the site to reduce maintenance costs.

The last ship left Hartlepool in 1960. Thati s 55 years back and the shipbuilding industry tanked after WW1. It staggered on untill WW2 gave it a reprieve and then went in terminal decline from 1945. The export of coal was 'the' big industry. That and timber imports. Steel making took over from the ship yards.
West Hartlepool was a boom town in the late 1880s to 1914. The decline set in post WW1 and the town has been a high unemployment blackspot since then. Truth is when Coal stopped being king Hartlepool as a town, was redundant.

Land Phil

Levelling the site to save on maintenance costs ....somebody give Cranny a new f***i*g calculator.

Building worth £100K second hand, given away. What a saving. 

Inspector Knacker

If you want to build a shipbuilding museum, why not use Jacksons Landing?
No demolition costs, no new building costs.
But that sounds too easy.

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on November 11, 2016, 05: PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-37953669

The council is spending £40,000 flattening the waterfront site and is also in talks with a hotel chain.
Councillor Kevin Cranney, head of regeneration for the council, said it was considering a multi-million regeneration of the area.
]Mr Cranney said: "We need to reflect on Hartlepool's heritage and as we know this is all based around the sea.
"This was a big shipbuilding town."
The council said it was currently levelling the site to reduce maintenance costs.

The last ship left Hartlepool in 1960. Thati s 55 years back and the shipbuilding industry tanked after WW1. It staggered on untill WW2 gave it a reprieve and then went in terminal decline from 1945. The export of coal was 'the' big industry. That and timber imports. Steel making took over from the ship yards.
West Hartlepool was a boom town in the late 1880s to 1914. The decline set in post WW1 and the town has been a high unemployment blackspot since then. Truth is when Coal stopped being king Hartlepool as a town, was redundant.

Spot on.

Building some kind of fantasy maritime theme park = pointless. The current Maritime museum actually only has one thing of interest to Nautical buffs, the Trincomalee......the buildings are fake with a load of dross to stare at for which you get charged silly money and intermittently scared shitless by some buffoon letting off a canon. They are probably thinking they can do something similar to Beamish, but Beamish is easily accessible just of the A1.....not stuck in the middle of Hartlepool with no parking etc.

A few years ago Drummond, I am told, fresh out of his monkey suit,being perfectly qualified to investigate such things, buggered off on some trip  to explore the idea of cruise ships calling at Hartlepool, then was told they were too big with an average draft of 7-8 meters.....then there was some moronic discussions of ferrying passengers in by boats......the nautical world shook their heads in despair.

Hartlepool port could have a lot of potential with upcoming Windfarm projects, Dogger Bank,Anglia 1,Hornsea 1, Aberdeen even Beatrice.

Again and again the Kremlin comes up with half baked ideas, without asking the people of Hartlepool, pouring money down the drain and puts Hannibal Cranney in charge.

akarjl

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 11, 2016, 05: PM

I await the artists impression of this development .

I can feel an "impression Group" being funded by the Kremlin , teaching people to paint "artists immersions of fantasy projects", funded by "a development fund" as its is becoming a growth industry in the town