Video Council meeting 7th July 2016

Started by admin, July 17, 2016, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

I couldn't make out a word Barclay said

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lord Elpus

What a shight recording, you'd think they did not want anyone to be able to understand a sodding word.

The UKIP benches were on fire.

fred c

Why is the camera in the positon it is, behind & to the side of the LabMob, surely the best position would be in a 'central position', it would allow a fair & balanced perspe tive on preceedings.

On the voice reproduction, lets face it, if any of the LabTor Mob dropped a verbal faux pas, it would be edited out, but in Barclays case they wouldn't have to bother, he is totally incapable of making himself understood, I was in attendance & it seemed to me everyone present thought it incomprehensible.

As an aside.... I wonder who won the length of meeting sweep ?

steveL

It was mentioned that HBC are to try out a new sound system, Alexander did mention when but I didn't hear it  ;D

I understand that the new sound system is made by the same people that make Autotune, the recording software that adjusts the pitch of pop star voices to make them appear to be singing in tune. In this case, the software spots when there are missing 'H's and inserts them accordingly.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: Lord Elpus on July 18, 2016, 07: AM
What a shight recording, you'd think they did not want anyone to be able to understand a sodding word.

The UKIP benches were on fire.

UKIP appear to have made a decision that only the guy with glasses (I forget his name - is it Taylor?) gets to speak. It was noticeable that Shane was AWOL - might have been working.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Quote SteveL; 'UKIP appear to have made a decision that only the guy with glasses (I forget his name - is it Taylor?) gets to speak'.

If true it's a disgrace, Cllr Bob Buchan (UKIP) promised me he would be voicing his opinions within the Council Chamber.  I hope I have not been sold a UKIP pup.

I must admit up to now UKIP appear to be just there for the ride.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on July 18, 2016, 11: AM
Quote SteveL; 'UKIP appear to have made a decision that only the guy with glasses (I forget his name - is it Taylor?) gets to speak'.

Did the first 2 UKIP cabbages ever speak in a council meeting?

steveL

They only seemed to speak when spoken to e.g. " How many sugars?"...... Reply: "er .... I don't know, however many you feel is appropriate."

Lord Elpus

Quote from: steveL on July 18, 2016, 03: PM
They only seemed to speak when spoken to e.g. " How many sugars?"...... Reply: "er .... I don't know, however many you feel is appropriate."

They (UKIP) need to get their fingers out and start acting as an opposition.  I hope the penny soon drops.

DRiddle

UKIP 'jumped the shark' in my opinion when they basically declined the opportunity to try to force a debate on the advantages/disadvantages of EU membership in full council. They missed their chance right before the local elections earlier this year. Seemingly 70% of voters in Hartlepool supported their stance on the issue, although not necessarily UKIP as a whole.

To be a member of UKIP and to NOT want to talk about the merits of Brexit when given the chance to do so raises just one question.

What exactly ARE you willing to talk about?

Seemingly the answer is nothing.

P.S cups of tea/coffee are no longer allowed in council meetings. I'm not sure who made the decision but I was made aware shortly before the meeting shown in the video above. So that's no hot drinks. As far as I know lying, falling asleep and attempting to attack other councillors is STILL allowed . . . But coffee is a no no.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on July 18, 2016, 08: PM

They (UKIP) need to get their fingers out and start acting as an opposition.  I hope the penny soon drops.

I suspect the plan is to  talk the talk but not walk the walk. They see Hartlepool as a notch on their belt and do not intend to do anything practical so as not to get mired in the infighting that results once UKIP get a sniff of power.
The party seems prone to falling apart when everyone decides they want to be 'the leader' (see how the Farage succession is being gerrymandered to keep some people out of  the contest) so they believe in keeping tight control to limit any bad headlines. Sadly we (the people of Hartlepool) mean nothing at all to UKIP.

testing times

I hope this isn't typical of what is to come. Forty one minutes that I will never get back.

Heknocks68

Quote from: Lord Elpus on July 18, 2016, 08: PM
Quote from: steveL on July 18, 2016, 03: PM

Like so called Tory's opose Labortory's, hehehe, like that will happen. Best thing that could happen is that Maggie May kicks the stooges out of the party. Come on Maggy , no alternative at this juncture. To busy beeting each other up. Bit like on here really. Soon be Christmas, hope that does not offend anybody. Any chance of a transcript of what AB actually said at the meeting? Is that allowed? In the public interest.