SAB - The Perfect Storm

Started by marky, September 16, 2014, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

mk1

Vote of full confidence from the councill?
Like the one Dumbo arranged for fat Dave just before he got sent to jail?

Lord Elpus

SAB and CAB are looking worried and rightly so.   

Carl (Brutus) Richardson, 'master of the dark arts and the use of a shimmy in the back' is on maneuvers, backed up by Mad Dog.  There is a faint scent of blood in the water and a feeding frenzy is imminent.  Richardson has a long history of shafting leaders, (metaphorically of course)  Hanson, Waller, Hart, Wallace, Payne, Boddy, Carr even his father in law Simmons have all been done over by Uncle Joe.  No reason why the SCAB's should be different. 

I'd love to see Carl's 'Stasi' file on the SCAB's, bet there's a fair bit of green ink.

mk1

A fine figure of a man

The 3 councillors in the photo make it look like the line for try-out for a local tug-of-war team.

I had the misfortune to have a 'personal interaction' with mad-dog recently. In public I simply told her the performance of the local labour group was an affront to the ideals of the party and she instantly went into swearing mode. Her very first word was an obscenity and  nearly every second one after it. The nearby people all looked on in amazement as the tirade continued. She is indeed what she looks to be-a vile  and despicable person.

PostItNote

The majority have done wrong and there the problem lies:  I have go down you go down!

However, time to go down and I hope it is doing time for what these people have done to innocent members of the public who voted, attended meetings, showed an interest in their community and suffered so that the whip could strip.

So wrong.

It is time for each councillor to sit with a pen and paper, go through the list of officers and councillors (at first) at senior level (at first) and really whistle blow.  Not just to get a pay out for unfair dismissal as if you are a good person, using your status in the media here to hold you up, but to really get things back on track.

Only then will we see people treated well and services being delivered for the good of the people and where there is real need.

Time to make Hartlepool a wonderful place to live in, so the tourist bus can have a job to do (just as long as the driver has been vetted properly).

Ted Bass

Mk1, Marge reminds me of this uncouth, loudmouthed lady:

"Fecking Mk1, the Fecking Labour party are brilliant, Feckers"
The loneliness of the long distance lorry driver

Ted Bass

Quote from: pensionater on September 19, 2014, 07: PM
I've heard that another local Councillor has left his day job .Did he jump or was he pushed?.

Wonder if The Fail will have it in tomorrow's edition or whether Ste will make the front page again?

Ted Bass

What would be the procedure if Ste resigned as Mayor? Who is the deputy? Are they trustworthy?

Makes me think we should go back to the Stuart Drummond way of things and get someone who doesnt have lofty ambitions of being a proper politician. Someone trustworthy and reliable and honest.

Any suggestions?

Stephen Picton, the local taxi driver is a good egg, nice lad, met him on a number of occasions. I think he should do it.

gmeasor

If we are considering suggestions for a replacement in the event that SAB does resign from his position.  How about Paul Thompson? he is independent, and offered to do the job for free.  This would be a neutral appointment, and would save the council the 5 grand allowance as well.  I know we don't get to decide who his replacement may be, but as Paul put himself forward before any of this story broke, then him taking the role would be an appointment without prejudice.

mk1

This was first raised  here on Sept 7th. By a remarkable coincidence  did not the Dear Leader make mention of his illness the next day on his Titter(sic) Feed and then again 3 days later

And by another remarkable coincidence he mentioned 'whistleblowing' recently. I wonder why?

PostItNote

The only thing that these two are good at blowing are their own trumpets!

Since when did the majority of Councillors actually whistle blow in Hartlepool other than to further their own interests?

mk1

Quote from: PostItNote on September 19, 2014, 10: PM

Since when did the majority of Councillors actually whistle blow in Hartlepool other than to further their own interests?

It is an attempt to bolster SAB. He is claiming he was sacked  for 'whistleblowing'.

DRiddle

Genuine whistle blowers are few and far between.

"Joseph Hudson (1848–1930) was an inventor in Birmingham, England during the late 19th century and the founder of J Hudson & Co in 1870, later to become the world largest whistle manufacturer".

Essentially, he invented the whistle (that works simply by blowing it, like a referees whistle).

To suddenly now claim to be a whistle blower is a few years too late.

PostItNote

Very good analogy David and yes to mk1 too.

It is despicable conduct to say you are whistle blowing to get away with doing something that other people should have grassed on you for. 

Wonder if someone blew the whistle on Stephen?

After all, how did he manage all his chairidee work, personal life, conferences, training, council work, labour party work, union work, ceremonial work, let alone his full time job in Newcastle from Hartlepool each day or night, oh and not forgetting doing the right thing by the people of Newcastle and ousting wrong doers in public or office?

To think this was a perfect opportunity to do good, earn quite a bit of money, lead a busy but comfortable and respectable life.  Then they go and blow it by becoming absolutely complacent, corrupt and corrosive. 

Just looking forward to hearing from SteveL as to what really is the case... whistle or what?

I personally think Hartlepool has waited four months too long at a minimum level.  If confidentiality is to be paramount, then consider the disrespect of announcing a new business which may conflict.  Cutting ribbons means that it is in the public interest to know what we are really getting for our money?