SAB - The Perfect Storm

Started by marky, September 16, 2014, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Well he's kept that one quiet. From where I'm standing it's starting to look like the two ABs are the employees from hell.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

Land Phil

Sacked care worker still thinks Hartlepool cares about him ?

Tommy

If its true, the Mayor sacked from a Council Job, a job as a care worker, a position of TRUST, not good, not good at all.

Mind you, I will credit him at this stage for managing to keep it all from the Sheffield Echo. It must be quite embarrassing for Joy and her dwindling team to read all about it on here, however if I was Joy I wouldn't wish to risk all the income paid across from Hartlepool Council. It just goes to show that the newspaper may be in the paid control by a select few that are responsible for handling budgets.

A second credit goes to him too as if any normal person that had been sacked from a position of TRUST would cry "WOLF" and play the race or on grounds of religion card.

Being in a position of TRUST, really to prove there is no shenanigans going on here, the Mayor should really opt to stand down until its proven that it plays no part on the future relationship with Tyneside,s Council, if its a council job that is and not a private job, I may be barking up the wrong tree here.

ashamedtobebritish

Now he needs to be sacked from his other jobs....

stokoe

For the sake of hartlepool lets get f***i*g RID.

These two are just coining it in.

PostItNote

This needs to be reported factually and in the public interest as a matter of urgency.  Surely someone who is his friend can give information on whether this is true or not.

No comment actually makes you think he is guilty and that is unfair.  So any friends even if in a false identity, please let us worried Hartlepudlians know what is going on with the Mayor of the Council who successfully ousted the other Mayor out and also successfully stopped someone else from taking his role, despite the conflict of interest that he is the Mayor and his partner is the Leader. 

Sorry but time for questions answered today, not when all of us end up with higher tax bills because more money has been taken from the public purse in being sued etc.

mk1

Would not surprise me if he engineered some pretext to get himself sacked. Call me a cynic but I see a compo claim in the offing which (in the SCAB family tradition) will be based on specious claims of homophobia.
Perhaps his former employers should be warned..........

The Great Dictator

:-*  they play the gay card in council  :-*

steveL

For Info:

"A spokesman for Newcastle City Council said: "We can confirm that a member of staff has been dismissed from his employment with the city council. He is appealing against that decision and it would therefore be inappropriate for us to comment further on this matter.

"He recently made a series of allegations - not related to child sex exploitation –which we take very seriously. They will be thoroughly investigated through our safeguarding procedures in line with normal practice."
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on September 17, 2014, 04: PM

"He recently made a series of allegations -."

If Christopher can do it so can I....................

Tommy

mk1, after reading the posted response from a Spokesman of Newcastle City Council by SteveL, it doesn't take a great detective to assume as you say "If Christopher can do it so can I.................. ..", however by doing so and possibly crying "WOLF" may be his ultimate downfall. Any decent employer protecting the good of the businesses future would not choose to employ a person that he or she may suspect of any shenanigans (I note, the setting up of a company with another H'pool Cllr).

If this story is not in the public interest, well I will eat my tea in a Tu Tu! (after all, given the circumstances of this towns Councillors, it could be totally acceptable behavior to do so). There is obviously not a decent honest reporter amongst the dwindling Labour Town Echo, but I understand they wont wish to highlight it through fear of a reduced payment from the Council, after all the Council must be the biggest local income.

Would it be appropriate for Cllr Riddle and Cllr Lilley to ask clarification of the Mayor? or are they not allowed?

DRiddle

I'll ask whatever I want if I feel it's relevant to the future prosperity or reputation of my home town.

PostItNote

Thank you for updating the people of hartlepool Steve.  Angie was front page so when forced I am sure this will be used to get the people of hartlepool to support victims of bullying and harassment. Then it will be forgotten and more corruption will conspire.

Surely hart gables will make comment if these are real or false allegations.  Sadly if Newcastle is anything like hartlepool they will have failed to follow procedure. Then a pay out is rightly due. People should do their job properly but that also includes elected individuals.

Thank you for any information that promptly concludes if this is legitimate dismissal or not.

mk1

DRiddle

For what it's worth, there is potentially a 'due process' which needs to be followed here.

If somebody has been 'sacked', whether that be Councillor Akers-Belcher or whomever, they're entitled to have their case heard and potentially an employment tribunal, if they feel the situation is worthy of one.

I'm obviously far from a 'fan' of Stephen, but I do genuinely feel people should allow due process to occur before casting any judgements.

We are all entitled to our views on people in 'public office', but I do genuinely feel there is a line here that people need to be careful not to dive over feet first.

None of us, presumably, know the ins and outs of the situation and in my view, which I doubt will be popular but it's my view, he, like anyone else, is entitled to due process before anyone starts throwing any stones.