My Voting Cards....

Started by Jamescampbell78, April 15, 2014, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

Don't you mean, what is the difference between UKIP and BNP ?

whatabouthisthen

I fully endorse the views urging people to vote.
It is the only system we have and we must use it. Not using it lets in bad and narrow-minded governance. We need a thriving opposition as well as good governance. A party with a large majority believes it can do anything as shown here in Hartlepool.
Some figures suggest that only 9% of voters voted for this Labour Council out of a total of 18%. Where is the remaining 82%? Only voters can change things. Apathy is the greatest danger to democracy. I am a great believer in proportional representation in local government.

marky

"can prevent the implementation of policies which a vast majority of the voting population voted for."

What nonsense. If a 'vast majority' had voted Tory then we would have a Tory Government instead of a coalition.

DRiddle

Again more bizarre rants at me, about me by a person who doesn't know me and has never met me.

How on EARTH can PHF been deemed to be the same as any other national party?

We have no interest in national politics (in terms of changing it), we have not been represented in GEs or EEs.

We're a bunch of people who care about our town.

It's really that simple.

The forum completely loses the plot around election time.

Mican

Quote from: Land Phil on April 25, 2014, 09: AM
Don't you mean, what is the difference between UKIP and BNP ?

OK, have it your way, what is the difference?

mk1

It all depends on how you see 'Democracy'. I  think those who win a majority of the votes have no right to totally ignore all those who voted against them (usually a majority of the electorate) and force through their minority views. One only has to look at the vile Michael Gove to see  a bong-eyed demented true believer wrecking the system to impose his will.

Ryehill

For those interested  the U.K.I.P. local election manifesto can be downloaded from the U.K.I.P. website.  Where can I get a copy of the P.H.F. manifesto?

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on April 26, 2014, 12: PM
     Where can I get a copy of the P.H.F. manifesto?

It is still being  printed. They (wisely) delayed it until all the references to irish  actors posing a wokers,  foxy office staff posing as  voters, barking mad racists posing as  candidates  and that foriegn woman posing as the only person in the UK qualified enough  to work with Nigel  were removed.

Ryehill

The one thing that I can say about you MK1 is that you are consistent. However there might be other people who are unbiased enough to have a look and judge for themselves .
         For the attention of D.Riddle  I very rarely post on here  because of the pathetic responses , a perfect example of which is MK1's latest offering.  I suspect that there are a number of contributors who, like me, no longer bother . This is a shame because this site could be a vehicle for intelligent discussion, which I believe was its' original intention.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on April 26, 2014, 01: PM
         The one thing that I can say about you MK1 is that you are consistent. However there might be other people who are unbiased enough to have a look and judge for themselves

For the attention of D.Riddle  I very rarely post on here  because of the pathetic responses , a perfect example of which is MK1's latest offering.  I suspect that there are a number of contributors who, like me, no longer bother . This is a shame because this site could be a vehicle for intelligent discussion, which I believe was its' original intention.

I think pointing out your manifesto is full of fake photos is a valid point. The bit where Farage claimed no UK worker could do the job his German wife was doing was telling. How many times has Wright been castigated for employing his mrs and here we have Nigel doing the exact same thing. Check out Nigels European Pension scheme if you really want to know about Fat Cats.
You need to grow a thicker skin and  when you put yourself up as fit  for office make sure you don't pick a bong-eyed African-hating Rhodesian racists as a candidate

This is not a forum where the mere fact you are against the SCAB/ Wells dynasty allows you a free pass. I have made it plain I believe all Councillors should have a fixed period in office be they PHF or UKIP.

steveL

The usual sort of 'Manifesto' is a bit irrelevant when the changes that are needed within HBC are so deep rooted and all essentially to do with the culture within which it operates.

The changes which are needed are to do with:

• Transparency and Accountability
  • It's self-serving culture
  • It's lack of commitment to town maintenance
  • It's profligate spending habits without any regard for value for money or eventual outcomes
  • It's scant consideration of the impact of its high council tax rate on family finances
  • It's inability to demonstrate 'joined-up-thinking' for the development of the town. e.g. plugging Seaton as a visitor destination while lumbering it with a giant landfill site as a backdrop
  • It's total disinterest in the town's heritage
  • It's lack of support for businesses

When these fundamentals are tackled then all sorts of things become possible.

Does UKIP have a local website? I visited the main UKIP site and all I see is anti-Europe ranting - bugger all to do with anything going on in Hartlepool.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Pwilson

Quote from: steveL on April 26, 2014, 02: PM
The usual sort of 'Manifesto' is a bit irrelevant when the changes that are needed within HBC are so deep rooted and all essentially to do with the culture within which it operates.

The changes which are needed are to do with:

• Transparency and Accountability
  • It's self-serving culture
  • It's lack of commitment to town maintenance
  • It's profligate spending habits without any regard for value for money or eventual outcomes
  • It's scant consideration of the impact of its high council tax rate on family finances
  • It's inability to demonstrate 'joined-up-thinking' for the development of the town. e.g. plugging Seaton as a visitor destination while lumbering it with a giant landfill site as a backdrop
  • It's total disinterest in the town's heritage
  • It's lack of support for businesses

When these fundamentals are tackled then all sorts of things become possible.

Does UKIP have a local website? I visited the main UKIP site and all I see is anti-Europe ranting - bugger all to do with anything going on in Hartlepool.

I'm struggling here.

How do I choose between the words of a PHF candidate who seems to speak sense, the wild rambling of a UKIP fruitcake or the false promises & twisted lies from the Labour party?

Ryehill

For those people who are interested log onto U.K.I.P.org  , click "Get Informed" and the 2014 Local Manifesto heading appears. It can be downloaded. Judging by their comments I don't think Steve. L. or MK1 have actually read it. MK1 seems to be getting it mixed up with the launch of the E.U. elections poster campaign.
    On page 9 it states that "U.K.I.P. Councillors are expected to follow the best interests of their constituents. They do not just toe the party line, as other parties do."
     Steve Allison, knows this to be true because when he was a U.K.I.P. councillor he was a free agent and no pressure was ever put on him to toe the party line.

Jamescampbell78

I agree with Steve's bullet points but what I would be interested in, from any candidate is how they propose to effect change and deal with those issues.

I mean even a broad outline idea would do but nobody at all who I've had the opportunity to ask says anything other than getting the other lot out.

Having some sort of meaningful proposal would do much more to your (all candidates) credibility than any criticism of the current incumbents. We know how bad they are. What we want is better.

Merely outlining the issues isn't enough. You wouldn't go into a bank for a business loan saying "My direct competitors are **** and my product is better" and expect to secure the loan.

The banks business manager would want to see how realistic your business plan is.

My point being knowing what the problem is, is only a part of it. Knowing how to fix it is another, being able to implement the change required to fix things is yet another thing again.

mk1

FFS what is all this faux indignation about being called a 'liar'?
All politicians lie, evade, dodge and twist. It  comes with the job. Any candidate daft enough to tell the unvarnished truth is never going to be elected.
I thought we had given all the  grandstanding 'how dare you question my integrity' claptrap the boot?