My Voting Cards....

Started by Jamescampbell78, April 15, 2014, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamescampbell78

.....Arrived tonight.

Woman who delivered them handed them over the fence and said "You can do what you like with them."

It seems a lot of people in my ward have no intention of voting.

Spot prize for the person with the most interesting idea for putting the card to best use.

monty767

Been using mine as a kind of poop scoop.

for fawkes sake

Sadly, such is the low turnout these days that the clerk could most likely be able to accurately describe every voter.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

DRiddle

It's true that FFS.

In 2012's all out the turn out in one of the polling stations in Rural West was 28.

11% of the elecorate who had been directed to that particular polling station.

146 came to the polling station in Owton Manor Community Centre.... 9% of those who could have done.

Jamescampbell78

So given those turnouts what does that say about the mandate to run things on behalf of the town.

grim reaper

VOTE,           VOTE,         VOTE.

I know the feeling of despair and the feeling that this town is finished, no matter WHO gets in.
                                          BUT YOU ARE WRONG!
We are in the position we are in because of a bunch of self-serving ner-do-wells, always on the hunt for the next money wasting opportunity..  :(

We NEED to vote them out of their gilded cage.
Please, just give someone else the CHANCE to make a positive change to this town, because voting for what we have, or not voting at all will simply mean they stay in charge, and then we will have MORE OF THE SAME!!

Just read back over the Hartlepool Post forum articles and remind yourself once more just what these so-called Labour/Tory people have been doing/supporting.
Not just Manor Residents,
not just the loss of our voice in the council chamber,
not just our hospital fiasco and lies/subterfuge,
not just the waste of £4million on one ego driven Tall Ships weekend,
not just the 'Transport Interchange' waste of money but the list goes on and on.
How much of our money will be thrown at the latest egocentric drivel...'The Vision'?  >:(
Please vote them out and give someone else the opportunity to lift this great town of ours out of the gloom.

Remember, not voting will give them access to YOUR council tax money;  :'(
If you want it spent wisely, VOTE THEM OUT!

Jamescampbell78

Yes but I don't see any other candidates worthy of handling my council tax money either.

grim reaper

James, we have got to believe that not every candidate is tarred with the same brush as the dross we have at the moment.  >:(
We need a change from the scabs and their coterie for the good of the town.

I can't believe D. Riddle and his father could be anywhere near as bad as what we have to put up with at the moment.
Likewise, many of the other candidates deserve the chance to make a change in the town.
If they don't cut the mustard then in a number of years THEY will be voted out too.
We'll keep doing that until we do have candidates worthy of serving the town.

We can't throw our hands in the air and allow the scabs et al to stay where they are...that just doesn't make sense at all.
                                                   Vote them out.

DRiddle

My dad is a retired probation officer, a job which he combined with being a part time youth leader in the evenings. He spent his working life trying to improve the lives of offenders caught up in the CJS, as well as the social situation in the town for young people. (as well as in other areas of the North East). He was also a councillor for several years whilst doing that.

I've ran (and currently run) colleges helping to motivate, education and inspire young people to achieve something with their lives. I help them to go onto to have succesful careers and hopefully a good life.

Niether myself not my father claim to be perfect. We certainly to not claim to be 'the solution' to Hartlepools' problems.

However, do I class myself as being more cut out to be a councillor than certain people I could name who've been elected to do so in recent years?

Damn right I do.

I actually find it utterly bizarre that i'm being attacked by Mr Blackwood and his disciples, none of whom actually know me.

Jamescampbell78

David,

Who do PHF have standing in De Brus ward?

DRiddle

All our nomination papers were submitted today James. The candidates will be announced in due course. Probably this evening.

monty767

Driddle. If all nominations have been submitted then why not just answer the question FFS? Typical wannabe politician, cant answer a straight question. Vote, why?

Pwilson

Kipperdip, I sort if agree a little about PHF, I also sit on the side of the we should vote fence.

But I am actually in favour of having a group of councillors with no ties to any party and no agenda on walking through the door for the first time.

Maybe selection for council should be similar to jury service, you get selected and your expenses are paid to your employer. No retired people who (in my humble opinion) become set in their ways and reluctant to see change or career politicians in it for a free ride on the magical train of gravy.

Pwilson

I think UKIP exist mainly as a source of material for stand up comics.

Jamescampbell78

Isn't UKIP just the first step on the entry ladder for the BNP? A bit like how you join the Beavers, the Cubs then proper Scouts?