Cutting the Grass According to Our Means

Started by steveL, January 06, 2014, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I think we should all stop having a poke at ARC86. The guy has said in previous posts that he 'aspires' to be a Labour councillor and there's no way he's going to get himself selected as a candidate if he questions the direction or even the morality of the current Labour Group. If he does get selected and even elected then the few 'off message' views that he has had the balls to express will vapourise overnight - just look at Jim Ainslie. He's just being pragmatic, really.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ARC86

@ interested i can take any criticism from PHF on the chin all day long, what i do object to is people comparing me and others to Nazi Germany, i may be a lot of things but im certainly not a fascist or a racist, and yes i do take offence to be called those things.. as for you SteveL your all well and good wagging the PHF tail but how many FAILED attempts have you had at standing for council? Thats all you ever will be the tail wagging the dog!! Good god its very rich coming from a failure and a failed journalist at that.

steveL

Quote from: ARC86 on January 10, 2014, 08: PM
@ interested i can take any criticism from PHF on the chin all day long, what i do object to is people comparing me and others to Nazi Germany, i may be a lot of things but im certainly not a fascist or a racist, and yes i do take offence to be called those things.. as for you SteveL your all well and good wagging the PHF tail but how many FAILED attempts have you had at standing for council? Thats all you ever will be the tail wagging the dog!! Good god its very rich coming from a failure and a failed journalist at that.

ooer... . did I touch a nerve or is your prostate playing up again?

Actually that rant has a familiar sound to it. Anyway, I've only stood for councillor once. I came out about 100 votes behind the guy who was deselected in his own THROSTON ward because he took too long to bend over for CAB and refuse to support his own budget. Deselection seemed to do the trick though.

He told me himself he had no idea how he'd come to be standing in the Headland and Harbour ward and he's been prostrating himself before CAB ever since trying to get himself back into Throston. It looks like he might get his wish too as Linda Shields is elbowed out to make way for him and that should make room for the CAB's Healthwatch colleague, the weeping Stephen Thomas as H & H candidate. It's a numbers game for Labour; vote for their candidate and you can't even be sure if the guy actually wants to be your councillor.

You should read all of this carefully as it will give you a good idea on how to get yourself selected as a Labour candidate - in short, do as you're told and shut the f*c* up.

As for the 'failed journalist' bit. I'm not a journalist; nor, with 70,000 visitors to this site last month, do I need to be.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on January 10, 2014, 08: PM
@ interested i can take any criticism from PHF on the chin all day long, what i do object to is people comparing me and others to Nazi Germany,

Trouble is nobody did that. You were given an analogy and chose to fake indignation  in order to escape the point being made. You do not care how bad the Labour group behave as long as they do some good.

Your behaviour here shows you have a very prickly ego. You never miss a chance to tell us how well respected and liked you are or how good you are at everything you do. However when challenged and exposed you go into complete melt-down and resort to petty name calling and  calumny to hide your discomfort. I would say you are the ideal SCAB Candidate.

Keep trying to polish the turd..................

ARC86

@SteveL my prostate is playing up again.. and i like it!! You say its a numbers game, your right!! That is why your lot will NEVER  have control of the Council, falousy springs to mind!! You all sprout off on here, PHF that is, but dont knock on any doors.. PHF lost the easiest by election any opposition could ever win, you didnt only lose it you came THIRD!! THIRD, i mean come on!! Your like the tories in 2010 only bloody worse.. when and where are you standing next, so i can put you into third again?

Mr Mister

Quote from: ARC86 on January 11, 2014, 01: AM
@SteveL my prostate is playing up again.. and i like it!! You say its a numbers game, your right!! That is why your lot will NEVER  have control of the Council, falousy springs to mind!! You all sprout off on here, PHF that is, but dont knock on any doors.. PHF lost the easiest by election any opposition could ever win, you didnt only lose it you came THIRD!! THIRD, i mean come on!! Your like the tories in 2010 only bloody worse.. when and where are you standing next, so i can put you into third again?

I actually find myself agreeing with that in general.. although it has to be said with a new Chairman, I think they will at least now move forward. He has drive and that might just be the way to kickstart the dead donkey that PHF is.

Mr Mister

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on January 07, 2014, 09: PM
To MR mister, arc86, mk1 in particular but others as well. don't you think that  there is an inordinate number of Councillors involved in the voluntary sector? Just off the top of my head, you have 3 labour in West View, 2 labour employed by HDVA, one independent who admits he makes his living from his charity, to name just a few.
It seemed that the main point of the Boudicca article pointed out that there were so many declarations at th EGM that all but three didn't make one. Assuming a full house that is 30 out of 33 who are involved. 91%! wow!
Makes you think doesn't it!

Bloody hell, didn't know it was that many, but yes to answer your question..

Sorry it took so long to reply, only just noticed your post!

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on January 11, 2014, 01: AM
That is why your lot will NEVER  have control of the Council, falousy springs to mind!! You all sprout off on here,

I am sure this is an allusion to Coronation Street and  a form of homage to  Hilda Ogden and her 'muriel'..............

Confucius he say 'Man who  like  gloating better make sure malapropism not bite his bum'

steveL

"PHF lost the easiest by election any opposition could ever win,"

Now that's an interesting thing for you to say. Manor is and was Labour's strongest ward yet you say it was the easiest to win?. I'd be interested to know why you thought you were so vulnerable.

fred c

Definition of the word Analogy.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/analogy

noun (plural analogies)

a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification:

No one called you a Nazi or even eluded to that, but again you played the "Irate Victim", you really need to seek counselling for your paranoia / megolmania.

The following Quote by Interested, was succinct, to the point & summed up what your about, you really must want to become a councilor, so much so in fact that your head is up the Collective Mobs ar*e up to you adams apple.

Quote from: Interested on January 10, 2014, 12: AM
Wow this thread is really keeping people intrigued and interested!!
ARC86 I don't personally think people give you a hard time because of your chosen political affiliation, let's be honest about it, people can support/follow/believe in whatever we choose to. That's the beauty of a democracy!
What I find comical and bewildering at times is how you can continue to defend and support what is currently being done to this town by the Mob.
Before you reply by saying " I don't support it, I also disagree with some things that have happened" DONT
If I Supported a party (and I don't have any political affiliation at all) who had left a trail of carnage in their wake, as this group have, I would find it very difficult in my heart to forgive, forget and pay my subs.
I applaud your obvious commitment to your political beliefs BUT even you can't continue to defend and support what members of YOUR chosen party are doing to this town ??
The more c**k ups they continue to make and the ongoing embarrassment they continue to bring to the town added to your determined defence of certain actions will leave you wide open to comments - either shut up and take it on the chin or get real and put your obvious enthusiasm to another cause or find a new hobby !!!!

tankerville

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool.
Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
mark Twain.[/b]

Certainly seems appropriate!

not4me

Like someone said, this thread is a mess. Can I suggest that the moderators divide it into the original topic heading 'cutting the grass according to means' and a second topic headed 'Prostrate Trouble'  ;D

craig finton

I would like to read this thread in more detail but unfortunately I don't have any days holiday left.