Very Boring Thread

Started by HarryBlackwood, March 17, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwilson

Quote from: mk1 on March 24, 2014, 08: AM
Quote from: Pwilson on March 24, 2014, 08: AM
I'm leaving personality aside. I don't care what someone has done outside of politics what makes us human is the ability to make mistakes.

Hang on. You claim Bilton has done something outside politics which bars him from office. But things other do outside politics  is ok with you?
Ok clear as mud.

I haven't said anything of the sort, I don't mind debate but where have I claimed Bilton has done anything to bar him from office?

mk1

Quote from: Pwilson on March 24, 2014, 10: AM

I haven't said anything of the sort, I don't mind debate but where have I claimed Bilton has done anything to bar him from office?

I mixed you up with Monty and conflated your posts. Too much aggro about..........

Jamescampbell78

MK1,

I told Harry I was writing a blog post about PHF and offered him the option of seeing it before publication because I was mentioning him in it. Offered the same courtesy to Paul Hanson.

Harry turned me down flat and told me he didn't want to see it.

Dave Riddle: Can you tell me the exact reason why Paul Hanson was banned from the PHF site?

While you're on, please also give me the exact reason why I was banned and whose decision both bannings were. A straight answer would be good. I'm not after being reinstated here, neither is Paul, nor would I challenge your right to ban me, it's your page. I'm just after some clarity and openess on PHF decision making as per the loose commitments made in the Facebook threads I have highlighted in my blog.

not4me

Blackwood still thinks that he's editing The Mail and that everyone owes him an explanation; he isn't and they don't. He doesn't even live in the town and campaigns to encourage everyone not to vote without offering any description of what he would put in place if we all followed his advice.

He rabbits on about people using usernames when this site has always allowed people to do so. He suggests that the use of a username implies dishonesty claiming that using his own name is evidence that he is the opposite. He is always right and researches everything. So far he has falsely claimed that Riddle had resigned from PHF and has emphatically 'outed' mk1 twice as two quite different people. So much for research.

I suggest that Blackwood's reasons for using his own name are self-evident. When the need is to convince others how important you still are, how is it possible to do so through the use of a pseudonym? In Blackwood's case, using his own name is essential otherwise how would everyone know just how important he is?

So the man won't vote; wouldn't stand himself (even if he could) and contents himself with slagging off anyone else that might. In short, he has nothing to offer but his bilious and copious opinions. He thought he was important as Editor of The Mail and mistakenly thinks he is still important now. He isn't.

So do I side with a man so enveloped with bitterness that he stands ready to unleash his venom on anyone who disagrees with him or with someone who dares to raise his head above the parapet in order to at least try and make things better for the town?

Not much of a contest, really.

The Great Dictator

He also claims to be honest which is a lie, he's been using the non-de-plume DOWAGER on here for months and has the cheek to OUT MK1 who for :-[ over the last 5 years has been the backbone of this site despite the weak admin.

DRiddle

The way I see it is PHF set up a facebook calling on the 70% of people in the town who DON'T vote .... to get out and vote.

The page suffered an attempted hijacking by a load of 'don't vote it only encourages them' people, intent on having there say on a forum that was nothing to do with them.

If you want to express those opinions (don't vote etc.) go and set up your own facebook page and invite people to support you.

Don't try to inflitrate a page of 'go out and vote' people then start kicking off when you get banned.

Anti-capitaslist would likely be banned from a bankers website.

Homophobic people would likley be banned from an LGBT site.

Why are people looking for some sort of 'revelationaty explanation' as to why people in the 'don't vote' camp were banned from a site encouraging people to vote?

Bizarre.

Only in Hartlepool...

Jamescampbell78

Not4Me & Great Dictator,

Now I'm new to this site, but having moderated a sports related website and message board for a number of years I understand why people use pseudonyms on this sort of forum. However do believe that if you're going to direct criticism directly at someone then it's only fair you also make your identity known to the target of your criticism. If you do that by some sort of private message to protect your pseudonym, then fine but if you're brave enough to do it publicly then that is to be applauded.

Are the same principles not adopted here? This is an honest question because I'm unsure of the etiquette on this particular site. I purposely set up my login with my name included here, purely and simply because I wanted to take up an issue with Dave Riddle that I had tried to do publicly on his own forum.

Jamescampbell78

Dave,

Thank you for the answer. All along I made it clear my current position on voting. My initial reactions were always, "I don't vote but I'm interested in what you have to say".

In two of my posts directed at Derek Bilton I reminded him and by extension PHF that what I was asking was for anyone standing to sell voting to me. Nobody rose to that challenge, I offered my opinion that I was no longer interested and to be fair the blog was my parting shot. I probably wouldn't have commented again on the PHF page but I would have liked the opportunity to remain to see if anyone associated with PHF could have piqued my interest in voting. The concept you originally had was almost there.

However all you have done is stifle honest and open debate. If your argument to vote and vote for a PHF candidate was adequate enough you should have had enough courage in your convictions to let my blog stand and defend your position or simply denounce it as the ramblings of someone who also has no ideas for the town. Instead you chose, in my view, a cowards way out. (Assuming it was your decision).

Was it your decision to ban Paul and myself by the way?

The Great Dictator

Welcome to our site James, HTH has been just fine for 11 years until Mr.Blackwood arrived last month and upset the applecart, many people like MK1 and myself have good reason not to publish our names. I am related to a senior council officer and wouldn't want to influence debate on this site. We welcome your contribution here.

DRiddle

This is the most bizarre and pointless thread in the history of HTH.... and there have been a few.

Personally, I feel myself and many others fought very hard to move this forum away from being a sounding board for disgruntled UKIP voters. It took a while, but we did it and we now, generally speaking have balanced debate on this site..... until last week of course.

Now all of a sudden we have become a therapy vehicle for maladjusted cyclists...

Inspector Knacker

12 pages and what's been achieved....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

HarryBlackwood

Quote from: The Great Dictator on March 24, 2014, 12: PM
He also claims to be honest which is a lie, he's been using the non-de-plume DOWAGER on here for months and has the cheek to OUT MK1 who for :-[ over the last 5 years has been the backbone of this site despite the weak admin.

An absolute lie. I'm happy for moderator to check if that is possible. I only post with my own name.

Jamescampbell78

Well I've got an answer out of you and been called maladjusted. You're probably right on the maladjusted score because most cyclists don't go for a swim before they ride and a run afterwards. I'm obviously a bit mental. Oh and my blog has got a few more views.

Just finally, was it your decision to ban Paul and myself?

DRiddle

My apologies James....

Now all of a sudden we have become a therapy vehicle for maladjusted triathletes...

Interested

This thread appears to have run it's course ladies and gentlemen ( and you Harry), jamescampbell78 are you really wanting to be converted and begin to vote or just looking to stir it up a bit.
As local elections near it becomes so farcical how people try to smear, belittle and out others, for what?
If you have no intention of voting Jimmy78 why begin asking the questions you have and try to cause s**t.
Your long distance relationship with Mr Blackwood via whatever means is doing you no good son, you are beginning to sound like his mini me!! ( and that's not good )
Let's just wait until the elections and see what happens, if you have no interest - shut up!!

Harry you haven't quite achieved what you set out to do by coming on this site, and before you ask I haven't got a clue what it is, but you most definately have a hidden agenda  ;)

If people decide to post under a pseudonym so what, I do and will continue to do so, I also post under other names on here as it suits me, so all the bull about honesty and integrity and hiding behind names doesn't wash. I don't lie or hide the truth I just decide to keep my identity to myself, and should be respected as it's my choice.
C'mon folks let's get back to what it's all about, saving this town from the disastrous path it's currently on!!