Very Boring Thread

Started by HarryBlackwood, March 17, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryBlackwood

Quote from: DRiddle on March 21, 2014, 08: PM
I'll take that as a yes you did.  ;)

I'm sure you will because you're a proven liar. But as everyone reading this can see, it's not what I said.

Jeff

Harry,

You encourage people not to vote.

Why then are you so interested in a minor seat, in a minor ward from a minor party.

You are getting boring my old friend.
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

mk1

You can follow the logic. Labour are getting in on 800 votes. If someone with a large facebook following can get them out to vote then Labour are toast.
If that means an unknown gets in then I say it is far far better than the wino and the 2 fatties presently returned. He can not be worse for sure.
It worked for Drummond and as an effective tactic it can not be faulted. It is not as underhand as Labour's wholesale  harvesting of all the  postal votes in the OAP homes in the area

pensionater

So what you are saying MK1 is precisely what Driddle and his mate think.That it doesn't matter if you have the good of the town at heart just so long as it's not the Labour party that's ok.Someone who allegedly walks round with his dick hanging out will be better for the town.You and Driddle must have a very low opinion of the voters of  Hartlepool.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on March 21, 2014, 09: PM
So what you are saying MK1 is precisely what Driddle and his mate think.That it doesn't matter if you have the good of the town at heart just so long as it's not the Labour party that's ok.Someone who allegedly walks round with his dick hanging out will be better for the town.You and Driddle must have a very low opinion of the voters of  Hartlepool.

Look who they elect now and tell me that is intelligent voting.
I admire those who strive for perfection but sometimes you have to think in terms of 'good enough'.
I start from the premise that anyone is better than the 3  idiots that got elected. One is a well known alky that can be seen staggering around the town centre most afternoons.
And I have to ask who are you to decide what constitutes a proper candidate. If he gets the votes then that is the way it works
Labour have made an art of getting gormless people voting them in so why the fuss if someone else uses the same tactic  against them.
Only a certain number of people vote and Labour have the votes of most of them sewn up. This is a way of tapping a stream of untainted first time voters and it is no good  hoping that an established party can hive off the Labour voters because they can not. Move aside failed parties and let someone else have a go.

Sometimes you have to  work with what you have got and it is no good pretending that any other contender has the votes to get in. What I see is an attempt to reach out to those who do not vote for any party and are thus beyond the reach of the Labour bribe machine.

for fawkes sake

I don't normally get involved in the occasional cat-fights that creep onto this forum from time to time but I will say this. I had a lot of sympathy with Harry Blackwood over the way he was disposed of by Mandelson and the sycophantic Hartlepool Mail's owners. It was a very sad day when politicians were allowed to control who should edit the paper.

That said, it was all a long time ago and while the rest of us have moved on Harry has clearly been unable to do so. For 11 years Harry has brooded about it all with such intensity that it has turned him into a very bitter man desperate to prove that he's still someone to be reckoned with - it may have been true at one time but sadly, not any more. Move on, Harry before you lose the support of anyone else.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Pwilson

The simple fact is that if the Labour Party loses badly in Hartlepool council elections we become a town worth fighting over.

We get a decent Tory & Liberal candidate to fight against the current oxygen thief and hopefully become a town that attracts competition.

I personally think the best people to run a town are probably people who have been sucessful in business, but as the financial rewards (at least the published ones) aren't huge then ordinary, non political residents are the next best thing.

The Great Dictator

:-[ I think it shows the frailty of the admin of this site, to allow this decline in debate
      and blatant bullying is an admission of defeat. HTH is on its last legs.  :-[

Memphis Belle

He he i would like to know which one of the labour lot memphis belle END is,the word belle END might give us a clue.

Well I suspected as much. Though in all honesty I am not surprised at the desperately low levels of intelligence displayed by some posters. Quite why the Labour Party would choose to support Harry seems illogical.

I am just enjoying the irony of a campaigning, fearless site, oh so proud that they received a mention or two in Private Eye, now crying foul because a campaigning, fearless journalist is being beastly by........ asking questions. 

Let's all go back to bullying targets who won't come back and defend themselves, shall we?

pensionater

Couldn't agree more Memphis Belle,this is a brilliant and important site but any new posters are classed as Labour infiltrators till they prove otherwise.When one of their own (Driddle)is caught lying very few put their heads above the parapet and condemn him.

Memphis Belle

I have been an observer of this site for a few years.  I agree it is important and has raised some very important issues that would have been ignored.

There are some very well informed people who post, with  a lot of information and expertise and I have admired the breadth of debate. 

I just don't get the anti- Harry Blackwood campaign.  He was a passionate editor of what was once a terrific local newspaper.  He has offered to show a legal letter about his dismissal to anybody that is prepared to meet him and he has asked some uncomfortable questions.  Harry certainly doesn't need me to fight his battles but apart from ruffling feathers on a site that prides itself on ruffling feathers................  Could somebody please explain?

stokoe

Quote from: Memphis Belle on March 22, 2014, 10: AM
He he i would like to know which one of the labour lot memphis belle END is,the word belle END might give us a clue.

Well I suspected as much. Though in all honesty I am not surprised at the desperately low levels of intelligence displayed by some posters. Quite why the Labour Party would choose to support Harry seems illogical.

I am just enjoying the irony of a campaigning, fearless site, oh so proud that they received a mention or two in Private Eye, now crying foul because a campaigning, fearless journalist is being beastly by........ asking questions. 

Let's all go back to bullying targets who won't come back and defend themselves, shall we?

Quote from: pensionater on March 22, 2014, 10: AM
Couldn't agree more Memphis Belle,this is a brilliant and important site but any new posters are classed as Labour infiltrators till they prove otherwise.When one of their own (Driddle)is caught lying very few put their heads above the parapet and condemn him.
Quote from: Memphis Belle on March 22, 2014, 11: AM
I have been an observer of this site for a few years.  I agree it is important and has raised some very important issues that would have been ignored.

There are some very well informed people who post, with  a lot of information and expertise and I have admired the breadth of debate. 

I just don't get the anti- Harry Blackwood campaign.  He was a passionate editor of what was once a terrific local newspaper.  He has offered to show a legal letter about his dismissal to anybody that is prepared to meet him and he has asked some uncomfortable questions.  Harry certainly doesn't need me to fight his battles but apart from ruffling feathers on a site that prides itself on ruffling feathers................  Could somebody please explain?

belle end and pensionator or 1 of the same i really don't give 2 f**k* what you think,the real shame is the people of hartlepool is getting totally shagged by the labour lot and the like of wells and others,and harry aint helping.

craig finton

Both as bad and as good as each other I think. Whenever bickering of this type dominates this forum I think people's attention soon switches from what the participants are saying to the way in which they are saying it. It stops being a debate and turns into entertainment.

admin

I think I need to make an important point. This forum is a facility provided by the Hartlepool Post for people to express their own opinions. However, those opinions have very little to do with the Hartlepool Post website itself which continues to highlight matters which, by and large, HBC would rather people didn't know about. People who read the comments on the Hartlepool Mail website do not assume the opinions expressed are the opinions of the Hartlepool Mail so why do people insist on believing that the posts on this forum reflect the views of the Hartlepool Post?

If people want to behave like children in a schoolyard it only reflects on themselves - and themselves alone.

HarryBlackwood

Just to offer a ringing endorsement of the Hartlepool Post website. It does a fantastic job highlighting stories that really should be in the Hartlepool Mail.

The decline of the Hartlepool Mail and the fact that the paper is in bed with the council and the MP, is a huge threat to public accountability and democracy so I applaud THP in doing the best it can with limited resources to do what a good local paper should be doing.