Mike Hill has a pop at the two Hart councillors

Started by DRiddle, December 04, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

QuoteThe Labour Party will almost certainly very soon formally back a second referendum on Brexit (in my view).

That will leave our local Labour MP in a position where he may well have to support a second referendum in a constituency with one out the strongest brexit votes in the United Kindgom.

So here we are Mike, one of your first big test of 'party or constituents'. Labour are moving towards opening the door for a second referendum. It was always going to end up that way. So which way do the Labour MPs in big leave strong holds vote?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/21/labour-calls-for-vote-in-commons-on-holding-second-referendum

fred c

Would any one care to give odds on which way he will vote ?

Inspector Knacker

He will do as he's told, Party first, second and third.
What will be most interesting is how he words his decision, or will he just remain silent?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

It MIGHT well be that Labour MPs get a free vote on any amendments connected with pushing for a second referendum. I think about 60% of Labour held constituencies voted leave and Hartlepool had a 'leave percentage' of nearly 70%, with just over 32,000 voting to leave the EU.

Iain Wright, MP at the time of the EU referendum, voted remain.

It'll be interesting to see what Mike Hill comes out and says publicly in terms of his view, as we nearer the business end of all of this.

My prediction would be "respecting the referendum result, but having concerns about the impact of jobs and blah blah blah" kind of non-committal until he knows what he's allowed to do. 

diSme

Obviously the puppet strings to which he is tied will be top priority.

Nice little earner for a pawn
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

I'm still chuckling at the title mentioning him having a pop at anyone. It would be like being stoned to death with cotton wool balls.

DRiddle

QuoteHere's a curve ball, Farage . . . imagine Farage having one last crack at a seat in Westminster and using Hartlepool as the vehicle to do so.

Stranger things have happened.

Whatever the future holds, Labour will continue to struggle in Hart unless they're boosted by a general election.

Mike Hill isn't helping their chances with posts like the one i referred to.

I think I might put the lottery on . . . https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/former-ukip-leader-nigel-farage-to-lead-nationwide-brexit-march-through-sunderland-and-hartlepool-1-9622788?fbclid=IwAR15216YWQY7cxS1xZSynLFxBT18vek31Wrp24ZUINJd3bmc3Ljg9HdWbzE

crisstw

He'd get voted in if he ran in pools, that's how bad Labour have become and how much of a hash the government has made of brexit

Lucy Lass-Tick

That would definitely put the moggy among the pigeons.

DRiddle

So we're about 6 months on from when I posted this

QuoteMike will be under a bit of pressure when Labour move to endorse a second referendum. Which they will . . .

It's getting nearer every day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/27/jeremy-corbyn-signals-more-support-for-second-referendum-after-voter-exodus

We're also nearing a situation where Farage will be taking his pick from which Labour heartland to use as his vehicle for his seat in parliament.

Hartlepool will be very high up on his list of possibilities.

Crazy times.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on May 28, 2019, 02: PM

We're also nearing a situation where Farage will be taking his pick from which Labour heartland to use as his vehicle for his seat in parliament.

Hartlepool will be very high up on his list of possibilities.

Tempting as it is I think being rejected by ''Artlepool' is a millstone for life. The only time we ever got mentioned on the Likely Lads was when something dreadful was being discussed. There is no coming back from being a runner up in Hartlepool.
I know there are high-hopes attached for the launch of a new Party in the town and the subsequent umpteenth renaming and affiliation (before a full merger)of a  wandering local  band of political chancers.  What would happen if The SCABs decide to join the new Party?   

Inspector Knacker

If you're looking for a weak link in the ranks of Labour MP's, we've  got a corker.
If Sooty was putting up for the ' Glove Puppet Alliance', my money would be on the furry one.

Land Phil

I can picture the post election failure picture in the Mail.

Mike Hill sat in the gutter holding up a sign demanding votes for Labour now.
On the other side, Not voting Labour doesn't reflect the true Hartlepool.

I am reliably informed Ringtons sell a chocolate teapot. It would make a lovely leaving present.

Inspector Knacker

I wonder if the SLP will be putting up a candidate for the next election. Will they nominate 'El Magnifico' for the job?  Now the Monster Raving Looney Party have a suitable replacement .

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 22, 2019, 12: PM
He will do as he's told, Party first, second and third.
What will be most interesting is how he words his decision, or will he just remain silent?

A bit like Jeremy then ?