Petition to stop Seaton parking charges

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 19, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Hartlepudlion

Done.

Looks like a fair response but thought it would be better.

Please take this as a gentle reminder if you haven't already voted.

Lucy lass-Tick. Is there a way to check the the Post Codes of those who voted? I can just imagine HBC using the excuse that most of the petitioners were from out of town.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on January 24, 2017, 05: PM

Lucy lass-Tick. Is there a way to check the the Post Codes of those who voted? I can just imagine HBC using the excuse that most of the petitioners were from out of town.

Don't give them ideas!  ::)  Whoever set up the petition has, however, used 38 degrees, who seem to be a popular medium.  They will doubtless collate post codes, but doubt that it is verifiable by a third party.

Inspector Knacker

It was really busy for a January Sunday at the weekend. The charges will soon change that. Remind me again why they're bringing them in.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: HartlepudlionLucy lass-Tick. Is there a way to check the the Post Codes of those who voted? I can just imagine HBC using the excuse that most of the petitioners were from out of town.
of course, they are visitors from out of town is seatons bread and butter
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on January 24, 2017, 05: PM
Done.

Looks like a fair response but thought it would be better.

Please take this as a gentle reminder if you haven't already voted.

Does it matter where people live, i f I was a frequent visitor to Seaton and was against parking charges, I would not hesitate to sign.   

Plus HBC have set a precedent when allowing people from anywhere in the UK, to state they were in agreement to the erection  of the massive wind turbines that were proposed for the Brenda Road/Tofts Farm area.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

akarjl

Actually the link should be shared everywhere as it affects anyone who's visiting.

Alnwickist

I have no problem with people signing from out of town, Niramax petition was a disgrace.

However, my favourite was the petition for the Mowbray Pub, four people were able to sign who had been dead for over 2 years.

Safetymanste

Noticed they are extending car park near Newburn bridge is this in anticipation of new revenue me being created, ps I have signed to