The great escape

Started by SRMoore, March 05, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

First it was Yarm wanting freedom from Stockton and now Nunthorpe is sticking two fingers up at Middlesbrough.

Perhaps we can write to the boundary commission and Durham to see if we can escape the clutches of the United Soviet Authorities of Tees Valley?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2013/03/05/nunthorpe-break-away-bid-after-villagers-frustrations-come-to-boil-84229-32925144/

Lucy Lass-Tick

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me!  Hartlepool and it's environs do feel more akin to Durham in exactly the same way that Nunthorpe is far better aligned to rural North Yorkshire; the ethos underpinning Middlesbrough and Stockton's urban sprawl just does not fit all.

mk1

See this comment on the story:

Labour councillors are there to feather their nest first, its called greed. Most of them cannot hold down a real job, they are unemployable.
Secondly its to create employment for family, friends & Labour supporters.

- The taxpayer is not even on the agenda

Looks like they are all at it.

Talking of mutton dressed as Lamb.............saw one of the fat*ty Belchers on the ramp today. His swipe card was swinging around his neck (why do they insist on wearing these things out of office?) and he looked very expensive indeed. Clothes, make-up and scent testify to his recently acquired riches. His pathetic  attempts to   regain his 'yooth' contrasted starkly with the jowls and paunch. The silly 'bog-brush' hair style reeked of desperation. More Mr Potato head than Mr Cool!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am sure he will be crying into his glass of champagne because of those hurtful words when he goes on his next exotic cruise.
I don't believe it.