Cranney's Mattress Discomfort

Started by steveL, February 28, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

"It is believed that there are now major concerns over the large number of mattresses left on the premises which have not been recycled and which present a significant hazard. It is understood that the Environment Agency are now seeking an enforcement order to clear the site. However, it is further understood that despite the £346,000 in funding supplied by the taxpayer, there appears to be no money left to dispose of the mattresses. If this proves to be the case, it is likely that clearance of the site will have to be funded from yet more taxpayer's money."

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/9-news/165-cranneys-matresses
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

That dump cannot be too far from this dump.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/granddad-a-victim-of-flytippers-1-5452245

where HBC has ordered the owner to clear it all up (or we will have pay for it)

mk1

It would be interesting if someone could add up all the Council Tax  money going into the pockets of the Wilcox extended family. They are by far the biggest 'benefit scroungers' in the country!

mk1

Quote from: rabbit on February 28, 2013, 04: PM

where HBC has ordered the owner to clear it all up (or we will have pay for it)

How to get out of a large clean up bill  Hartlepool style.

'vandals' paid to get on the site, fire started..............'nothing to do with me mate. blame the kids'!

tankerville

Mr Wilkins was at the centre of another Council dispute owning a part of the alleyway Sandringham road along with piece of land which had an old landrover and used building materials bricks plaster junk etc.

He uses a ladder to gain access because he can't get in through the gates for the rubbish.

The council gave an order to have it cleared it was in part but still remains a tip at the bottom of someones garden.

When interviewed by the MAIL why he had not cleared the site? his reply was that he was unable to remove the rubbish himself because serious medical problems and was registered disabled.

His house in Sheriff Street has the front window boarded up it is used for storage. The passage used to be full of free newspapers /leaflets/ Flyers he delivered throughout the town again while being disabled.

He certainly looked like he was unable to work due to his disabilities I just hope the Benefit Agency read the MAIL.

Another Company Director it would seem in need of help from us the taxpayer.

for fawkes sake

Unfortunate timing considering the pending enquiry. It does appear that certain councillors are habitually attracted to public funding streams like poison ivy around a Silver Birch.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

marky

Looks like Cranney believes an even wider area should benefit from his business acumen:
I CARE 2 C.I.C
(another of his companies)

Date announced: 07/06/2011

This group in Billingham will use funding to cover the costs of training fifteen voluntary sector staff from various local organisations in psychology. This will improve the provision of their services to the local community, increasing their ability to empathise and identify concerns.

Location of grant: North East, England
Initiative: Awards for All
Programme: Awards for All: England
Amount awarded: £6,650

steveL

well there you go . . .

Strikes me that, if George Osborne could only manage to detach Cranney from his access to public funds it could, on its own, have a major impact on the deficit.  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Vincent

Bloke wants locking up, he is a leach on society

john riddle

Quote from: Vincent on March 02, 2013, 11: AM
Bloke wants locking up, he is a leach on society
Its been tried - he is as slippery as the proverbial eel.