Hartlepool Mail struggling for stories

Started by bill, February 20, 2013, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/video-glamour-girl-chelsea-ferguson-a-twitter-hit-1-5430638

The Mail have got half of the front page and most of a double page spread inside asking why this girl has 348,000 followers on Twitter - The answer? She is a stripper and posts 'saucy' pics on her Twitter account  - 348,000 followers errr no s**t sherlock!

One of the other stories inside - over half a page devoted to a Pools fan who walked out of the game early on Saturday and missed the two goals - like that has never happened before!

Hardly cutting edge journalism is it?

steveL

dear me....they must have run out of bonnie babies/dogs/budgerigars....
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Not much better than the  normal  photo of a local councillor and half a page detailing the fact they went to the toilet today.
Yesterday one  Fa*tty Belcher was featured and over half the article was about his charidee work. Not just ordinary  work either  but "fantastic fundraising work"

SRMoore

Not much better MK1 but at least Chelsea earns her money. ;)

Incidentally, she's a nice lass is Chelsea.

whatabouthisthen

Plenty of very important news but it doesn't make the paper. Latest example driddle's question at the last council meeting. Richard Minnear seemed to have done his bit........ Edited out?
We should all write to Head Office to complain ....anybody know the details? Seems to be no point in writing to the Mail.

The Great Dictator

I think half of Sheffield Wednesday will agree with you Shane  ;)

steveL

Does anyone remember the 'Day in the Life of A Councillor' feature that was claimed would run in Hartbeat Magazine. It was said that it would eventually feature every councillor (47 of them, at the time) until it was pointed out on HTH that it would take almost 12 years to cover all 47 councillors in the quartlerly magazine.

As it turns out, only one article appeared featuring Stephen Akers-Belcher, conveniently just before the local elections, before the whole idea was quietly forgotten about.

Eat you heart out, PRAVDA  :o

As an aside, I think we should all try to avoid refering to Mr Riddle as 'driddle'; maybe it's just me, but it makes him sound just a shade incontinent.  :o
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: whatabouthisthen on February 20, 2013, 02: PM
Plenty of very important news but it doesn't make the paper. Latest example driddle's question at the last council meeting. Richard Minnear seemed to have done his bit........ Edited out?
We should all write to Head Office to complain ....anybody know the details? Seems to be no point in writing to the Mail.

Best not to forget that Richard's Dad works for HBC. A better Paper would avoid the conflict of interest but with so many paid public notices being placed in the paper I'm not sure if there is a conflict.

andyn

how low can Hartlepool Mail get.
googled her name and she is all over adult web sites
Hartlepool mail has just hit a record low

DRiddle

QuoteAs an aside, I think we should all try to avoid refering to Mr Riddle as 'driddle'; maybe it's just me, but it makes him sound just a shade incontinent.

Given that I was called 'Jimmy' for most of my school years (and that was just by the teachers), i'm getting off lightly with driddle.  ???

Mr Riddle is my dad...  ;)

bill

Well that worked - Chelsea Ferguson has lost over 17,000 followers on Twitter since Wednesday! Well done that paper! :)

SRMoore

17,000 men horrified that their girlfriends/wives now know why they spend so much time on Twitter. ;)

bill

No - 17,000 men seeing her for what she really is!

john riddle

I sure am your dad. My parents had a sense of humour calling me "J" lolo
Quote from: DRiddle on February 20, 2013, 05: PM
QuoteAs an aside, I think we should all try to avoid refering to Mr Riddle as 'driddle'; maybe it's just me, but it makes him sound just a shade incontinent.

Given that I was called 'Jimmy' for most of my school years (and that was just by the teachers), i'm getting off lightly with driddle.  ???

Mr Riddle is my dad...  ;)

john riddle

The Mail are not struggling for stories. But they are selecting which stories they think the public will be interested to read. The vast majoirty of the public are not interested in how the council waste their money, what irregularities appear to be frequently mentioned. If I didn't know better I would think that it isn't in the best interests of some newspapers to report "difficult" stories. I accept that in these difficult economic times when regional and local newspapers are struggling.
However the BIG nationals I don't think have the same perspective. Watch this space!