Council tax 2013/14

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, February 06, 2013, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

'Lengthy debate' ... I reckon that if you read between the lines it sounds more like fur was flying ...  ::)

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/calls-for-1-99-per-cent-rise-1-5380672

The Great Dictator

I'd rather it went up 4% and we could at least keep some of our services.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I hope it goes up in line with my wages ...around 0%

as for keeping services, they are wasting around a million on grey bins ...they don't need any more to waste.
I don't believe it.

steveL

The 1.99% will bring in about £800,000 but the Government is already offering £400,000 if the council freezes the level of council tax. So by raising it by 1.99% the council is only bringing in an extra £400,000.

Stopping the absurd practice of full-time union officials being entirely funded by the taxpayer while actual subscriptions go straight to the union head office would save an additional £100,000 and reducing the car mileage allowance from 52.7p per mile to the 45p classed as 'reasonable' by the Inland Revenue would save a further £134,000.

All of which leaves a difference of £166,000 and if HBC can't squeeze an extra £166,000 out of a £90m+ budget then frankly, they aren't doing it right.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.