The modern NHS

Started by Truthache, August 17, 2018, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthache

A further sign of the changing times in the NHS with the introduction of virtual appointments for follow-up of fractures.  I just wonder how patients will view this.  As a convenient way of getting advice or feeling uncertain because they haven't actually seen a doctor?
https://www.nth.nhs.uk/news/virtual-fracture-clinics-to-reduce-hospital-visits/

mk1

Quote from: Truthache on August 17, 2018, 01: PM
A further sign of the changing times in the NHS with the introduction of virtual appointments for follow-up of fractures.  I just wonder how patients will view this.  As a convenient way of getting advice or feeling uncertain because they haven't actually seen a doctor?
https://www.nth.nhs.uk/news/virtual-fracture-clinics-to-reduce-hospital-visits/

I have had 2 'appointments' over the phone when the receptionists (twice) put the wrong time on my appointment card. The Doctor called me and it was all done that way.

Inspector Knacker

We must be ahead of the game with our virtual hospital!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Heknocks68

Yes, one must in future keep in the cutlery drawer the odd scalpel and clamps, specially the clamps for when it goes t..s up and you inadvertently sever an artery whilst doing a spot of self surgery. Remember you started with ten digits so if one or two go missing as the result of a sneeze at the critical moment you can clamp the now gaping wound till AARU arrive, that's the Accident Assessment Response Unit who will round up all the bits and pieces from the living room floor and take them and you to the local urgent care unit, free at the point of contact. All this will be overseen by the CCGs that's the Close Call Gurus.

The Great Dictator

I asked to see a doctor today, no chance i was told you can see a nurse if you're lucky.

The NHS is crumbling like the police, prisons, courts and councils.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on August 18, 2018, 12: AM

The NHS is crumbling like the police, prisons, courts and councils.
Particularly in this town over the past ten years. All the cornerstones of a town put on a handcart or salami sliced away so the locals don't twig on it's all going away too fast.
After you lose them the penny drops and the smarmy suits tell you not having your service locally anymore and the cost and inconvenience of travelling out of town are signs of a better service. As if!
Of course we can't forget the Councillors. What a fight they put up, just like Dunkirk, but in their case nobody got off the beach because no boats turned up.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I has emergency surgery at North Tees and was told I would get a follow up appointment within 6 weeks to check all was okay.
That was 6 months ago and still waiting.
I say waiting, I would rather not go back.
I don't believe it.

The Great Dictator

Not many people get out of North Tees alive.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: The Great Dictator on August 18, 2018, 11: AM

I'm sure the hardworking NHS workers providing care there will appreciate your comment.

Truthache

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on August 19, 2018, 10: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on August 18, 2018, 11: AM

I'm sure the hardworking NHS workers providing care there will appreciate your comment.

Sadly an example of this forum at its worst

The Great Dictator

Try explaining that to my 88 year old auntie, she needed the toilet but couldn't attract the attention of the 5 nurses in the tea room.

As a consequence fell out of bed and incurred nasty injuries, not all staff are not even properly qualified thats why the NHS pays out millions of pounds a year in compensation.

I know what you mean Stig but you will never convince the site morons, stay at home and get better germ free.

Inspector Knacker

I hunk a line should be drawn index this topic.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: The Great Dictator on August 19, 2018, 11: AM

Try explaining that to my 88 year old auntie, she needed the toilet but couldn't attract the attention of the 5 nurses in the tea room.

As a consequence fell out of bed and incurred nasty injuries, not all staff are not even properly qualified thats why the NHS pays out millions of pounds a year in compensation.

I know what you mean Stig but you will never convince the site morons, stay at home and get better germ free.

And try explaining your comment to the generations of my family who have received NOTHING but the very best in care when we've attended NT Hospital for everything from childbirth to A & E to oncology.

mk1

The truth is somewhere in the middle. There have been enough scandals where we know people have died and during the investigation into what went wrong NHS Staff put the protection of the system  and each other above all else. It is the same in any big organisation so why try and deny it?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/midwife-centre-baby-death-scandal-10612081

Any views on 'The Liverpool Care Pathway' where you let your patient die more quickly by witholding fluids?

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on August 19, 2018, 03: PM

The truth is somewhere in the middle. There have been enough scandals where we know people have died and during the investigation into what went wrong NHS Staff put the protection of the system  and each other above all else. It is the same in any big organisation so why try and deny it?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/midwife-centre-baby-death-scandal-10612081

Any views on 'The Liverpool Care Pathway' where you let your patient die more quickly by witholding fluids?
Please don't take this the wrong way but what has that got to do with us discussing North Tees? The Great Dic***** made an ignorant sweeping statement about the hospital and I countered it by saying that wasn't my family's experience. I don't see the link to the contents of your post.