This made me laugh. worth a read.

Started by Alnwickist, February 06, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alnwickist

"  "The aim of the concert is to unite people and remind everyone that Hartlepool as a town will not tolerate prejudice and hatred in any form." exception being councillors.

fred c

I may be wrong, but I presume that the Steven Thomas co promoting this very worthwhile event is Councillor Steven Thomas, if so, I find it totally hypocritical of him to do so.

Mr Thomas said........

"The aim of the concert is to unite people and remind everyone that Hartlepool as a town will not tolerate prejudice and hatred in any form".

As a councillor in full council meetings he sits behind cllr Craney....... the same cllr Craney who, on a number occasions has displayed his abusive & misogynistic attitude towards members of the public, strange then that Mr Thomas feels it appropriate to co promote an event that is against prejudice & hatred in any form...... pity he doesn't express those opinions during council meetings.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on February 06, 2017, 06: PM
I may be wrong, but I presume that the Steven Thomas co promoting this very worthwhile event is Councillor Steven Thomas, if so, I find it totally hypocritical of him to do so.

Mr Thomas said........

"The aim of the concert is to unite people and remind everyone that Hartlepool as a town will not tolerate prejudice and hatred in any form".

As a councillor in full council meetings he sits behind cllr Craney....... the same cllr Craney who, on a number occasions has displayed his abusive & misogynistic attitude towards members of the public, strange then that Mr Thomas feels it appropriate to co promote an event that is against prejudice & hatred in any form...... pity he doesn't express those opinions during council meetings.

Guess it's all about knowing which side your bread is buttered

steveL

The biggest hypocrite of all is Gill Alexander who professes her christianity to all; tells us how she considers the 'moral aspect' of every decision she makes and yet presides over an ever lengthening tapestry of lies and secrecy on a daily basis. As for Steve Thomas, I believe his moral compass is still in working order but he only looks at it when no one else is looking.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

Another local Labour propaganda event. I wonder if it's subsidised by Cllrs ward budgets or the poor old CT payer?

It's also hypocritical of Labour to promote a "unity" event when they oppose democracy by not accepting the votes of the people who voted for Brexit and Trump. Unity to them is to accept their views.

Inspector Knacker

It's so P.C.tastic. I mean come on, what next, a concert to celebrate apple pie and motherhood ?
Things like this serve what purpose, as I imagine most of those attending will be like minded folk, so just bringing together people of a similar mind set is in effect not bringing together those who should be brought together, surely those with different attitudes ?
All very nice, all very pointless.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Any chance of a death ray that destroys any posts relating to Brexit or Trump trespassing onto other threads. They're the Japanese knotweed of the board!

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Riddler5 on February 07, 2017, 07: AM
Any chance of a death ray that destroys any posts relating to Brexit or Trump trespassing onto other threads. They're the Japanese knotweed of the board!

Excellent idea, Riddler5...my apologies.  This is a local thread for local people! :D

Inspector Knacker

WhatTheHeck

What a P.O.B.

People attend concerts to listen to the music and enjoy the atmosphere, not for a group hug with a bunch of left wing, PC, deranged idiots.

Unity, prejudice and tolerance will be the last things on their minds ! (especially if alcohol is available)
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

mk1

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on February 07, 2017, 11: PM

group hug with a bunch of left wing, PC, deranged idiots.

'Bridge Too Far'  moment there.