Full Council Meeting 27th October

Started by admin, October 18, 2016, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Interesting to see Ged Hall's attempt to draw attention over how he came to be removed from the Children's Services Committee. CAB had told him before last month's council meeting "I will remove you from the Children Services Committee" and during the meeting, CAB stood up and announced just that. This appeared in the minutes as 'the Labour Group' had decided to swap Hall for another Labour Councillor but it now looks questionable if 'the group' had anything to do with it or even knew about it.

Increasingly, CAB is moving himself into a presidential roll which he is able to do because of the sycophantic sheep surrounding him and because, even though the rest of the Labour shower know that CAB is a liability, none of them is prepared to step up to the mark themselves. His survival is totally dependent on the cowardice of his colleagues.

It's a two-edged sword for opposition Councillors for the longer CAB stays in place, the stronger opposition to Labour will be and the more Labour votes will be lost. For some Labour Councillors, 2018 must be getting uncomfortably close.

I'll make one prediction. When CAB is eventually removed as Leader, which he most certainly will be, he will do what he always has done and bitch, scheme and plot in the background against whichever unfortunate inherits the poisoned chalice. He knows nothing else.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

In 2018, amongst others, Thomas, Clarke, Sirs and James defend their seats (if selected to do so).

Thomas's majority is 88.
Clark's is 23.
Sir's' is 84
James' is only 104 in what's regarded as their safest ward.

That's a 299 vote majority BETWEEN the 4 of them combined.  So by my maths it'd take 150 Labour voters to vote a different way and they could lose 4 seats.

Come on Carl, get on with it. Don't forget your own majority of 214 is a bit of an unknown quantity because there was no UKIP candidate in Victoria ward in 2014.

I imagine there will be in 2018 though. In fact, I'm absolutely certain there will be.  ;)

steveL

I admire your confidence given that, at the present rate of decline, no one can be all that certain that there'll even be a UKIP in 2018.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we had fewer than 25,000 members" says leadership candidate after claiming that a homosexual donkey raped his horse.

UKIP - the Soap Opera that just keeps on giving. ;D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/24/ukip-candidate-apologises-for-claiming-homosexual-donkey-raped-h/
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Foggy

I did feel a little bit sorry for Ged last night.  He looked like a rabbit in the headlights when his point was predictably challenged.  However.. he has been around long enough to know what was likely to happen so he should have had a bit more about him and approached it in a much better way than he did.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: DRiddle on October 28, 2016, 02: PM
In 2018, amongst others, Thomas, Clarke, Sirs and James defend their seats (if selected to do so).

Thomas's majority is 88.
Clark's is 23.
Sir's' is 84
James' is only 104 in what's regarded as their safest ward.

That's a 299 vote majority BETWEEN the 4 of them combined.  So by my maths it'd take 150 Labour voters to vote a different way and they could lose 4 seats.

Come on Carl, get on with it. Don't forget your own majority of 214 is a bit of an unknown quantity because there was no UKIP candidate in Victoria ward in 2014.

I imagine there will be in 2018 though. In fact, I'm absolutely certain there will be.  ;)

I can guarantee that Cllr Alan Clark will have a run for his money in 2018.

steveL

Alan Clarke is a Time Lord who has travelled to us from the 1960s. It's perfectly obvious as soon as he opens his mouth. Where's Hugh Scanlon when you need him, eh Alan?