Thursday 12th June

Started by Tommy, June 13, 2014, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

Can anyone shed some light on how yesterdays Council meeting went? apart from TSteels reporting that Cllr Brash allegedly got hissed at.

I have been to the Sheffield Echo (a jibe at the Hartlepool Mail) website, and nothing there.

Tommy

Just seen this, obviously from Thursday nights meeting.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/third-and-final-term-for-mayor-1-6670725

In the article it mentions about Cllr Thompson & Cllr Brash, and that Cllr Thompson wouldn't have taken an allowance for doing it, good value if you ask me from Cllr Thompson, however the other side of the coin may raise the point that he may be getting "over paid" or has "plenty of time" on his hands from his job as Manger of a Hartlepool Charity.

Paul Thompson

Good Evening Tommy,

It means neither.  It means that I would have considered it an honour to represent our town.

I wonder if Cllr Akers-Belcher is willing to do the same ?

Tommy

For you Cllr Thompson on here 100% respect for being as honest as to put your real name on here.

Thats good to hear (again respect for the suggestion in the first place) and with reference to him doing the same, you may just nudge him in that direction especially if he is watching us on here tonight, and no doubt for another double whammy in the Sheffield Echo (a Jibe about Hartlepool Mail), not only is he not accepting allowance hes donating it to his charity's that are in the "link" on here.