Time for some common sense.

Started by mk1, May 23, 2014, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I promise not to ring the boss of anyone who asks me anything tricky. . .

one direction

Quote from: DRiddle on May 29, 2014, 04: AM
My 'New Year's resolution', effective as of 10.01pm May 22nd 2014, is not to engage meaningfully with online trolls.

Quote from: DRiddle on May 29, 2014, 08: AM
I promise not to ring the boss of anyone who asks me anything tricky. . .

So much for transparency and openness. Now he's elected Mr.Riddle obviously feels he doesn't need to answer any questions he doesn't like. Alternatively he attempts to use patronising put downs to deflect the question. Didn't take him long to get into the councillor mind set!

I was mearly trying to establish who was right. Mr.Riddle or Mr.Latimer? Both are senior members of PHF and Mr Latimer sees Mr.Riddle's position as largely administrative but given that reading the PHF Official Facebook Page, and indeed this forum, one could be forgiven for concluding that Mr.Riddle IS PHF.

So who is right? Is PHF, as it appears to me, effectively the private party of Mr.Riddle? Any party where the election "broadcast" is written, directed, starring and voice-overed by one man is hardly a group of equals. Easy question to answer, how many other members of PHF had any meaningful input into the broadcast before it went out?

steveL

Quote from: one direction on May 29, 2014, 12: AM
Quote from: steveL on May 24, 2014, 07: PMDavid Riddle is not 'in charge' of PHF. He is currently the Chairman which is largely an administrative role arranging the dates of meetings etc. He has no more say in party direction or policy than anyone else

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm sure you will, but I think I read on the Putting Hartlepopol First - Official Facebook page, that the "PHF Party Election Broadcast" was written, directed, starred and voice-overed by Mr.Riddle. About the only thing he didn't do was operate the camera! Hardly a simple administrative role. How many members of PHF saw the finished article before it was published? Did anyone other than Mr.Riddle have any input into it at all? How many of PHF's other candidates, who shared the cost in their election expenses, were given any say in its contents?

And your point is?

Sounds like you're a bit miffed that PHF had a candidate who had the nouse/contacts to produce the video. I can understand that having watched for years the present bunch of councillors struggling to deal with a simple microphone on/off switch in the council chamber.

For the record, the script of the video was circulated among PHF for comments/amendments before the camera work took place as was the completed video for approval before it went live.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: Ryehill on May 24, 2014, 07: PM
          Steve L,  U.K.I.P was founded when the E.U. came into being as a result of the Maastricht Treaty.  U.K.I.P. always advocated and would welcome a return to a common market. To say that U.K.I.P. just want out is untrue.
         MK1 , U.K.I.P. fought these local elections on local issues. Some of those issues have arisen as a direct result of E.U. directives. If P.H.F. would accept that and stop pretending that the E.U. does not impact on our everyday lives then there might be some common ground between them and U.K.I.P.
           Ideally local politicians should all be independents. It was the Labour Party that brought party politics into local government. U.K.I.P are only doing what other parties have done in the past. The Lib/Dems have had success in Parliamentary elections around the country because they had a strong local presence. U.K.I.P.are trying to replicate that.

That's not true. It's a funny situation when I have to tell you what UKIP policy is. UKIP want a free trade agreement with the EU on similar lines to that enjoyed by Switzerland and which doesn't involved being a member either of the EU or what used to be called the Common Market.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

one direction

Quote from: steveL on May 29, 2014, 08: AMFor the record, the script of the video was circulated among PHF for comments/amendments before the camera work took place as was the completed video for approval before it went live.

Thank you. A nice straigt forward answer. So why couldn't Mr.Riddle have said that instead of all the evasion and twisting about trolls and phoning people's boss? Of course who in PHF might be the next question........?

mk1

Quote from: one direction on May 29, 2014, 10: AM

Of course who in PHF might be the next question........?

You answer one query and they simply move to another bogus issue.

They will never be satisfied so why even pretend to be civil with them?

DRiddle

My 'New Year's resolution', effective as of 10.01pm May 22nd 2014, is not to engage meaningfully with online trolls.

Common sense? In local politics? Get Real!

one direction

Councillor Riddle, can I ask you what topics you will accept questions on? I was taught that asking questions is how you learn. You ask a question based on what you think you known, receive an answer which enables you to re-evaluate what you think and that raises new questions. It is a process not just a single question, answer and end. As a profesional educator do you restrict your pupils to a single question? As a voter I am seeking to understand politics in Hartlepool and how you see yourself fitting into it.

Give it up One Direction, all politicians want voters to be just clever enough to mark an X in a box next to their name but not clever enough to question them hard enough to smudge the veneer.

mk1

Quote from: one direction on May 29, 2014, 09: PM
Councillor Riddle...................

10 posts so far and 7 of them are about D Riddle.
It seems we have another stalker.

steveL

one direction

Quote from: 0094994 on May 29, 2014, 09: PM
Give it up One Direction, all politicians want voters to be just clever enough to mark an X in a box next to their name but not clever enough to question them hard enough to smudge the veneer.

Sadly it appears you are right. As someone who took Councillor Riddle at his word as someone who wished to be different,  engage with voters and be open and transparent I am now apparently a troll and a stalker.  Didn't take Coucillor Riddle very long to become too important  to talk to the likes of me. Maybe in a few months time when he wants my vote and my family's votes, to become MP. Until then he doesn't need to boother I suppose. Typical two faced pilitician!

DRiddle

QuoteMaybe in a few months time when he wants my vote and my family's votes, to become MP

A very bizarre and ill informed comment.

Here's the contact details of all the councilors. http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/councillors/name

Why don't you get in touch with them and see if you get the level of immediate interaction and response I am trying to provide residents with.

anyway... My 'New Year's resolution', effective as of 10.01pm May 22nd 2014, is not to engage meaningfully with online trolls.

One Direction

If you keep going you'll be accused of being Mr Mister, Harry Blackwood, James Campbell or all three at once.

I originally came back on to reply to the comments made on the Local Plan thread I started but can't seem to find it.

Am I a bit thick or has it been deleted? If it's been deleted, why?

Did I do something wrong?

Admin: Two overlapping topics were merged into the 'Radio Tees Interviews and the Local Plan' Topic. People have a habit of starting new threads on a subject already under discussion.