Time for some common sense.

Started by mk1, May 23, 2014, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

The results show what a disaster it was for UKIP and PHF to field candidates against each other. It was the most stupid decision ever made.  I can not understand why it happened and nor do I care. Rather than blaming each other I suggest you get together and forget about anything other than the good of the locals.
Hart is a special case because the 2 Labour stooges are finished but  you now know how close it was for the others. Just one  more combined push.............                                 

Ryehill

Before there can be any kind of agreement between U.K.I.P. and P.H.F. there has to been a toning down of the language of abuse by certain members of P.H.F.  There is a limit to the amount of lies ,distortion, abuse and insults that a person can take . 

The Great Dictator

Ryehill

Just look back at earlier threads and read what certain members of P.H.F. have written about U.K.I.P. Then you will know why.  David Riddle just can't help himself. In the local Mail round up of the election results he even managed to sneer at U.K.I.P.'s choice of candidate for the next G.E.
             I know it is risky predicting how the electorate will vote in the G.E. but on the basis of Thursdays results and the expected result tomorrow  U.K.I.P. have emerged as the only possible challenger to Labour's Iain Wright.  The Labour Party, despite the Mail photograph, are very worried. They have an unpopular leader and a disliked M.P. It is a pity that people like David Riddle have already judged U.K.I.P's Phillip Broughton on the basis of  his hobby and job description.

for fawkes sake

UKIP locally have benefitted from Farage's TV presentation skills and the town has ended up with two councillors simply riding the wave of the European elections. I don't think anyone who voted UKIP in the local elections in Hartlepool has any idea who they have elected: a born again Christian who thinks gays are an abomination against God and a delusional racist who thinks he can personally overturn an EU directive and in doing so make the seawater at Seaton suddenly become safe to swim in.

The UKIP bubble may well last till the 2015 General Election but the 'Pop' soon afterwards is inevitable as the people underneath Farage's rhetoric are increasingly exposed.

MK1 is right to be frustrated by the split vote but even so, I wouldn't go near these fruitcakes with a bargepole.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

one direction

I doubt very much that there will be any common ground between UKIP and PHF since they hold totally oposite views. UKIP were founded on opposition to the EU and so long as the rabidly pro-EU David Riddle is in charge of PHF then the two parties are destined to be sworn enemies. I would predict that given a choice between removing Labour from its majority position by doing a deal with UKIP or maintaining Labour's hold on power at the expense of UKIP then PHF under Riddle would chose Labour.

mk1

It is not a question of an alliance more that they do not fight each other as well as the LabCon tossers..
I have to say if it is going to be the  same old song  (  Europe first, Europe second,  Europe last)) then I do not expect UKIP Councillors to last that  long. It really really does turn most people off.

I get the distinct impression UKIP are the problem here rather than PHF.

steveL

Quote from: one direction on May 24, 2014, 06: PM
I doubt very much that there will be any common ground between UKIP and PHF since they hold totally oposite views. UKIP were founded on opposition to the EU and so long as the rabidly pro-EU David Riddle is in charge of PHF then the two parties are destined to be sworn enemies. I would predict that given a choice between removing Labour from its majority position by doing a deal with UKIP or maintaining Labour's hold on power at the expense of UKIP then PHF under Riddle would chose Labour.

Well there you go.

With UKIP, you can't have anyone who is simply pro-EU, they have to be 'rabidly' pro-EU - such is their tolerance of anyone whose views differ from their own.

A recent Telegraph Poll told us that 54% of those polled still wanted to be within the EU but most wanted an EU that was more in line with what was put to them in 1974 and minus the political stuff that has emerged since. UKIP just want OUT.

Ah, but that's the 'rabidly' pro-EU Telegraph for you

Oh and incidentally, just in case factual accuracy is important to you, David Riddle is not 'in charge' of PHF. He is currently the Chairman which is largely an administrative role arranging the dates of meetings etc. He has no more say in party direction or policy than anyone else and his views on the EU are pretty similar to my own.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Ryehill

Steve L,  U.K.I.P was founded when the E.U. came into being as a result of the Maastricht Treaty.  U.K.I.P. always advocated and would welcome a return to a common market. To say that U.K.I.P. just want out is untrue.
         MK1 , U.K.I.P. fought these local elections on local issues. Some of those issues have arisen as a direct result of E.U. directives. If P.H.F. would accept that and stop pretending that the E.U. does not impact on our everyday lives then there might be some common ground between them and U.K.I.P.
           Ideally local politicians should all be independents. It was the Labour Party that brought party politics into local government. U.K.I.P are only doing what other parties have done in the past. The Lib/Dems have had success in Parliamentary elections around the country because they had a strong local presence. U.K.I.P.are trying to replicate that.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mican

Now that the rhetoric regarding UKIP is gradually drawing to an end, who is next on the radar, the French National Party perhaps:  "Its major policies include economic protectionism, a zero tolerance approach to law and order issues, and anti-immigration. Since the 1990s, its stance on the European Union has grown increasingly eurosceptic. The party's opposition to immigration is focused on non-European immigration, and includes support for deporting illegal, criminal, and unemployed immigrants;"  Now where have I heard that before?

marky

one direction

Quote from: steveL on May 24, 2014, 07: PMDavid Riddle is not 'in charge' of PHF. He is currently the Chairman which is largely an administrative role arranging the dates of meetings etc. He has no more say in party direction or policy than anyone else

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm sure you will, but I think I read on the Putting Hartlepopol First - Official Facebook page, that the "PHF Party Election Broadcast" was written, directed, starred and voice-overed by Mr.Riddle. About the only thing he didn't do was operate the camera! Hardly a simple administrative role. How many members of PHF saw the finished article before it was published? Did anyone other than Mr.Riddle have any input into it at all? How many of PHF's other candidates, who shared the cost in their election expenses, were given any say in its contents?

DRiddle

My 'New Year's resolution', effective as of 10.01pm May 22nd 2014, is not to engage meaningfully with online trolls.

brassed off monkey

It may be beneficial for some of the posters asking questions of Councilors on this forum to actually attend Full Council Meetings to ask the questions in person, they may find it illuminating.