Resignation setting in....?

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 18, 2013, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Funny how in ten years of partnership with North Tees, we go from fully  functioning services to organ donor of services to our very own cuckoo in the nest..... ten years in which the carborundum like grinding away of services regardless of opinion appear to finally be making people realise they just don't listen and maybe the option of Shangri-la General (openig date finally settled as 12th of never) in the middle of nowhere is probsbly more acceptable than that grey depressing place in Stockton in the back of beyond.
Now we have the lamentable sight of the councillors riding into battle, all flags and fanfares, to call for a halt to the transfer of services... a bit like italy declaring war on Germany in 1948......... a gesture. I'd imagine the trust is shaking in it's boots at the prospect at being called to order by our council....like being stoned to death with popcorn.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

A change of emphasis by Labour after someone realised that elections are due next May by which time Hartlepool Hospital will have been reduced to little more than a recovery unit and nursing home.

The final piece in the jigsaw looks like being the phased return of Keith Fisher, a former President of the Constituency Labour Party, to the Labour fold, bought off with a lucrative Chair of the Audit Committee. Mr Fisher didn't manage to make it to the latest 'consultation' at the Historic Quay - too busy filling in his expenses form by the looks of it.

" the highest claimant was independent councillor Keith Fisher, who claimed £447.86."

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/revealed-hartlepool-councillor-allowances-1-5773209

The original mistake was in merging Hartlepool's Foundation Hospital with North Tees rather than the Durham equivalent Trust.

Nothing of any good for Hartlepool has ever come from closer ties with Teesside.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Another window on how it all works....... shameless

mk1

Quote from: steveL on June 18, 2013, 10: AM

The final piece in the jigsaw looks like being the phased return of Keith Fisher, a former President of the Constituency Labour Party, to the Labour fold, bought off with a lucrative Chair of the Audit Committee. Mr Fisher didn't manage to make it to the latest 'consultation' at the Historic Quay - too busy filling in his expenses form by the looks of it.

Sad to see the man turn into another sheep. It seems he was only interested in getting back into the Labour Party and he used the Hospital issue to lever himself back into the SCAB's good books. Won't be long before he is back in the fold.

SRMoore

Sadly, I still remember a large group of Putting Hartlepool First members cheering in delight and gloating when it was announced that Mr Fisher had beaten me in the local elections last year.

I wonder if those people are still delighted with the outcome...

DRiddle

Slightly misleading Shane. If Keith hadn't gotten in, it would most likely have been Moss Boddy who poled just 10 less than Keith. So all 'Labour' did really was 'split the vote' (between Keith and Moss).

SRMoore

Oh yes, sorry Mr Riddle. I forgot that one must not criticise PHF publically on this site. I don't know why I bother...

My post was not misleading at all when anybody present at the time could clearly see who the reaction was aimed at and their clear support for Keith Fisher.

Moss Boddy or Keith Fisher - They still got 3 Labour.

DRiddle

I WAS present at the time. I don't remember a reaction directed at you, but then I could be wrong because i wans't sat with the PHF crowd. I was there with some students of mine who were interested in politics. I agree though, still three Labour... much like rural west  ;)

(just a little joke).

As for criticising, you know my view on that. Each of us are fair game in that regard.